1. Eight pieces of patterned paper scraps and four specialty paper/"other" paper scraps -- no complete sheets allowed.
2. No more than one yard of trim, with no individual piece measuring more than 11" in length.
3. One sticker sheet, with a catch: at least one sticker must be missing from the sheet.
4. A pre-2013 alphabet set - If you don't have a set this old, aim for your oldest.
5. One opened package/container of scrappy product.
6. One unopened package/container of scrappy product.
7. One roll of tape.
8. One item or package of product from a company that no longer makes scrappy products.
9. Six journaling and/or Project Life cards (if you don't have individual cards, you can cut them from a journaling-card-style patterned sheet or use a printable, if you wish).
10. Unlimited cardstock, adhesive, and "technique-type product" (e.g. stamps, stamping ink, paint, mist, stencils, embossing powder, etc.).
11. A wild card item. Include anything you've been wanting to use (regardless of whether it is old or new, opened or unopened).
12. A nearby item. Grab something from your desk or craft area that is within arm's reach.
Here is my kit:
1. Patterned papers: Tone-on-tone blue (manufacturer unknown), black dot (Heidi Swapp I think), floral (Crate Paper I think), yellow dot (unknown), multi-stripe (Heidi Swapp), gray print (unknown), blue with black (Amy Tangerine I think), pink ombre (unknown); specialty papers: pink vellum, (unknown), white woodgrain (unknown), white script transparency (Studio Calico) and white speech bubble transparency (unknown)
2. Trim: aqua, black and white chevron and yellow and white twine
3. Sticker sheet with at least one missing sticker: Pebbles
4. Alpha Set: Basic Grey from 2009
5. One opened package of product: Maggie Holmes Confetti Phrases Thickers
6. One unopened package of product: Heidi Swapp speech bubbles puffy stickers
7. One roll of tape: multi-color triangle washi
8. One item from a company no longer making scrapbooking products: 12x12 sheet from Sassafras
9. Six journaling or Project Life cards: 3x4 and 4x6 cards from Crate Paper Notes and Things
10. Unlimited cardstock, adhesive and technique products: white cardstock and a selection of stamps (not pictured) and ink
11. Wild card item: Dear Lizzy Fine & Dandy ephemera pack
12. A nearby item: Teresa Collins pink and gold sticker book
I was so inspired and enthused by the kit that I put together my first layout right away:
I printed out a photo that I edited using the Waterlogue app, which gives a photo a watercolor look. I just randomly cut pieces from the paper scraps to layer under the photo and along the left edge of the page, and added the aqua scallop trim on the left also.
The pink circle is from the ephemera pack, the "these moments" chipboard piece is from the Thickers sheet and I layered the pink "Love" circle with a gold circle from the Teresa Collins sticker book.
A few more accents at the top and bottom completed the page.
One project done and two more to go. Hope you'll join along in this fun challenge!