CKC June Kit - The Last Two Layouts (Maybe)

(If you are looking for the CKC June Members' Blog Hop, please go to this post.)

I've got two more layouts to share and I think these might be the last two from my June kit. I've used up a good bit of it and don't have much paper left. And honestly I'm getting a little tired of it at this point, which sometimes happens to me as the month winds down. I'm looking forward to seeing what the July inspiration piece will be and to making a fresh kit to play along on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog.

For this first layout, I started with a piece of white cardstock and trimmed a bit off the edges. I mounted it on one of the floral patterned papers from my kit.


I pulled most of the banner/pennant pieces off the sticker sheets in my kit and layered them to make a garland draping over the top of the page.


The white space on my photo was a great spot for my title. I first added the stickers to a piece of wax paper so I could get the spacing right, and then transferred them to the photo. And it might just be me, but does anyone else wish that manufacturers would include apostrophes along with these alpha stickers??


I added my journaling under the photo and placed two stickers and a little pennant at the bottom.
 
The photo on this layout is a family favorite and I have scrapped it several times but always manage to find something new to say about it.
 
Now, on to the second layout. As I mentioned in my last post, I had an idea about using this paper from Crate Paper's Craft Market collection:
 

I'd already started cutting it apart; I used the little pink "Love This" pennant on the first layout in this post. I knew I wanted to use a trio of photos from a daytrip that I took last week with my oldest daughter. I pulled the words and phrases from the paper that would best complement the photos. I envisioned placing them on one side of the layout, evenly spaced horizontally, with the photos on the other side of the layout. My journaling would go in the spaces between the cut out pieces.


I did use something I hadn't included in my kit - I wanted to bring out more of the gold that shows up in some of the paper strips - so I added some gold hearts that came from a Teresa Collins sticker book that was a recent purchase. I added a border with gold marker just to finish off the page. Here's the completed page, which looked just as I planned (I love when that happens!):


I think this is my favorite layout from my June kit and I was happy to use photos that were taken just a week ago.
 
What's your favorite recent layout? Please share it with me in the comments - I'd love to see it!

2 comments :

  1. Gorgeous pages! Love how you used your bits and pieces up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore both these layouts and that first one is a definite fave for me! I love the idea of the peek of floral showing around the white, that super sweet banner and that long quotation all over the top of the photo - perfect. And yes, I wish for apostrophes too! i often end up writing them in by hand...

    I'm not sure which layout of mine is a recent fave... would have to have a think about that one. I'm not scrapping as much as I used to...

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs