CKC June Kit - Layout and Pocket Page Scrapbooking

I wanted to make a double-page layout about the summer vacations we took to Cape Cod when our daughters were young. There weren't too many 12x12 papers left in my kit but I thought I could cut a couple of them into strips and stretch them over two pages. After playing around with arrangements for a while, I gave up this plan. I just couldn't find a combination that I liked.

 
See? Bleh...on to plan b.
 
I decided to do a single page layout and combine it with a divided page protector. I had plenty of photos and knew I wouldn't have a problem filling up both sides of the pocket page. There were 3x4 and 4x6 cards in my kit which would help me to fill the pockets and record some of my memories.
 
Here is the layout, which will be on the left side of the spread:
 
 
 
I used a Becky Higgins Project Life Design A 12x12 photo pocket page. Here is the first side:
 
 
 
And here is the back:
 

 
Everything came from my June CKC kit except for the black foam Thickers I used for the title. I really enjoyed adding stickers and labels to the pocket cards and photos - definitely a fun way to use up supplies in my kit.
 
This combination gave me lots of room for both photos and journaling, which was perfect because I was trying to give an overview of eight years' worth of summer vacations. I'm sure that I will be using this approach again!

3 comments :

  1. Appreciate you starting with your "fail" :-)
    This was a great idea for handling so many years of memories.
    Love how you've embellished the pockets!
    I'll bet this spread generates a lot of reminiscing by your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh cool love the way this turned out from the original you had started with :) Sometimes that is what you got to do if it's not working jut try it again! Lots of fun extra pictures to enhance the story, well done :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs