CKC June Kit: Lions Pool Summer

I’m using an older photo (circa 1998) for the first layout with my June CKC kit. I chose the Basic Grey “Phoebe” paper for my background - the hand-drawn circles are fun and whimsical and reminded me of bubbles, so I thought it would be great for these memories about summertime swimming. I added three 6x6 sheets from the paper pads in my kit, and used a few stickers from Crate Paper’s “Poolside” accent sticker sheet, a recent purchase that I already love.


While hunting through my kit for something to hold my journaling, I found a 4x6 card with a gold wave design from the Project Life “Be Bright” pack and I knew I wanted it on my page. It didn’t seem right for a journaling card but it did make a nice addition to the layering around the photo. I trimmed it so it wouldn’t be the only item with rounded edges on the page, cut it into two pieces and tucked it in above and below my photo.


Still on the lookout for a journaling card, I then found this “guest check” die-cut piece. It was the right color and I liked the drawn circle on it too because it fit with the circles on the background sheet. I decided to cut off the top and adhere it to the page with a little strip of washi. Once I trimmed it though I panicked a little because then it looked a bit “off” to me, like it was incomplete, but when I added the washi piece it finished it off and I was happy with how it looked.



The white space on the photo seemed like the perfect place for the title. Both the letter stickers and the word “summer” came from that Poolside sticker sheet. I adhered them to a piece of wax paper first and placed it over the photo just to make sure I’d like the title placement.


I made two little embellishment clusters at the top left and bottom right, using words and phrases from the sticker sheet. The gold labels came from that same sheet and helped me to add the gold to two more places on the layout.

I really like the colors on this page and I will definitely be using more of that Poolside sticker sheet - it has over 250 pieces on it which gives me a lot of options to go along with my kit. I wonder what I can use it on next...
 


7 comments :

  1. i love it, you're right the papers and journalling cards are perfect for your photo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is a cool layout the wave PL cards did work out perfect for the layering. Love the circles throughout the background paper and smart choice for the journaling card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea on the use of the PL card.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  4. A perfect combination of papers, colours and embellies. I especially love the BG paper which I bought more than once and love it every time I use it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clapping my hands! SO perfect - all of the papers & product just sing so well together & definitely say summers at the pool. An amazing page. I loved hearing about the serendipity of the pieces coming together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! Great job using older paper, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my...this is wonderful. I love the guest check with the circle. You are right...it totally ties in to the circles in the background paper.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs