CKC June Kit - Three More Layouts

(If you are looking for the CKC June Members' Blog Hop, please go to this post.)

I'm still happily working from my June kit and have three more layouts to share with you today.

I made the first layout in response to Challenge #3: One side or the other. The idea was to focus just on one side of the layout.


This was a little hard for me - I was very tempted to put just a little something on the right side.

I used a couple of papers from my kit's 6x6 pads to make the strips on the left. Because the papers are only 6 inches long, I had to use two of them to run the full length of my layout but I didn't have to worry about the seam where the strips met because I covered that area with my photo and journaling card.


I'm not really happy with how this turned out but at least I got a fun little story recorded. And it's a layout about chocolate - how bad can it be?!

The second layout was my attempt to start using up some of the smaller embellishments I have in my kit.


I cut the background paper to 8-1/2 x 11, leaving on the branding strip with its cute and colorful border. The tags in my kit really clashed with my colors so I just turned them over and used the plain white back. I traced one onto patterned paper to use as a place to hold my title. Once I adhered the photos and tags, I just filled in the rest of the spaces with little bits and pieces from the kit.


My last layout is my favorite of the three.


I layered the trimmings from previous layouts, outlining them first with black pen. I added my photos and tucked in a few tags here and there.


I wrote my journaling, placed my title stickers and the layout was complete.


I still have a decent amount left in my kit and hope to make another layout or two from it. I still haven't done anything with this Crate Paper Craft Market Handbook Gold Foil paper but I've got an idea for using it. I'll be back soon to share that with you.

4 comments :

  1. All fantastic pages!! Love them, and now I want some of that chocolate ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love that first layout about the chocolate (could be suitable for the WM chocolate prompt) and I really think that is matches your style nicely! I have to admit that I've been so bad with my kits recently - I think I have six kits sitting there and almost all intact :-( Thanks for joining the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely layout. Such cute wood veneers on the second layout, I layer my scraps for an extra layout also.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always I love your style & especially responding to your kit colors! Personally I think the Lindt layout was FAB! (and congrats on winning the "big box") Those frames on #2 filled with details from your patterned paper - genius! I love the sweet stamped or rub-on details. Great multi-photo page - I love how clever you are in getting different era photos together around the theme of the page & show the continuity of life. The "All I Need" page is a perfect all about YOU page. Perfectly executed & with gorgeous photos <3

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs