CKC June Kit - Two More Layouts

I have two more layouts to share from my CKC June kit. Both came together pretty fast - I used simple designs (one is a sketch), minimal embellishments and some "go-to" journaling techniques (a list and a quote). Having a pre-made kit of supplies also helps to speed the process along.

This layout began with the June Scrap Happy sketch and a quote I found on Pinterest. Considering that I have two daughters, you'd expect that I would have lots of photos featuring pink but I had to dig back quite a few years to find a photo to use.


I backed the photo on a 4x6 Project Life card, added two styles of pink washi, a few pieces of wood veneer and a cute tag from a Crate Paper tag sheet that I had in my kit. I added the quote beneath my photo and the first layout was done!


I had an unopened pack of label stickers in my kit - time to start using them! I have a bit of an obsession with labels - they make a great place for dates and journaling (when you layer a group of them together), provide a nice surface to build an embellishment cluster, and add a fun touch peeking out from a photo or paper layer.


I stamped some phrases and words from a variety of stamp sets on to the labels and then arranged them in a vertical line on the left of my layout.


I tucked a few tags behind my photo to bring a little more color over to that side of the page.


To complete the layout, I added my list-style journaling and a title at the bottom.


I don't have too many 12x12 papers left in my June kit but I'm hoping to make a few more layouts before I officially "retire" it. I'm looking forward to see what the CKC team has in store for July!

3 comments :

  1. These are so pretty! I love the papers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the use of the labels down the side. You are such a master at that. And I would have to agree with the Lilly quote! Congrats on your kit "retirement". You are becoming a master at killing your kits!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs