CKC June Kit - Using a Forgery, Take Two

Earlier this month I made some whimsical paper flowers for the Forgeries on the Fourth challenge on the CKC blog. Here they are on a layout:
 

I chose the yellow polka dot paper to echo the circular shape of the flowers.


I arranged my flowers in a vertical strip on the left side.


I added one more flower next to my title, then underlined my journaling and drew a simple border around the page to match the black pen scribbles on my flowers.


One small embellishment in the lower right corner and I was done.

It was fun to use handmade embellishments on a layout. These were easy to make - no measuring or stressing about making the circles perfect. I think the imperfection is part of their charm! I'll be trying these again, perhaps using another shape like hearts or stars. What do you think?


 

7 comments :

  1. Sweet looking border with those flowers :) Beautiful photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. I love those paper posies. I thought that I wanted to make some soon but now I know I must! :) Such a cute page and beautiful photograph.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so easy to make and are fun to use too! Looking forward to seeing yours!

      Delete
  3. Love the flowers, they set your layout off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute layout. Great use of your forgeries
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  5. They ARE imperfectly perfect. So glad these made it onto a layout as they are far too cool to not be. The extra pen sketching you added to your layout and the circle background bring it all together. Extra entry for you, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love those flowers. I can see why they've proven to be a popular forgery! Lovely layout Susan - as always

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs