CKC June Kit - Using a Forgery

Here’s my layout using one of the items I forged for my June CKC kit. (You can read about what I did in this post.


I arranged my garland into a large circle and, since the doilies from Lisa were still out on my table, I placed one of them in the center and it was a perfect fit. I carefully lifted the edge of each pennant and put adhesive underneath until the entire circle was stuck in place on the page. This was definitely the most time-consuming part of the entire process; I had to be careful not to pull the garland out of place as I was adding the adhesive to each piece.


I added the photo (matted with a small yellow pattern from one of the 6x6 pads in my kit), and accented the layout with gold in the title, journaling strips and a hand-drawn border.


I like that the sunburst arrangement of the garland matches the subject of my page. This is a layout where the design actually prompted the rest of the page. I have a stack of photos that I've printed from my Instagram, and I'll flip through them when I'm looking for a little scrapping inspiration. As soon as I saw this photo of the sun beaming from behind the clouds, I knew it would be perfect for the page. And even better, I had an untold story to go along with it. I love it when things like that happen!

 
 

9 comments :

  1. *smile*

    lovely, as always, just lovely.

    Great use of the garland, the doily and that stunning photo. This would also work for WM#171 *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a great idea!! Love the circular banner - that really highlights the doily, photo and the title!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH that is so cool! I love this idea (see a lift coming!
    That banner really shows off that doily too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever! Just a fabulous idea all around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Def works for WM#171 :-)
    Such a clever use of the banner that you crafted!
    I adore the little story best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow, this looks gorgeous. Love the colours in your garland as well

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect way to use and highlight that stunning banner and photo! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely layout, love how you used the pennants.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this layout - pinning so I can enjoy again later :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs