Gotta Use It Now!

Have you ever gotten a new (or new to you) scrapbooking product that inspires you so much that you just have to use it right away? This happened to me a couple of days ago. I won a prize generously provided by Lisa, one of the Master Forgers, for commenting on the CKC Scrap Crush blog hop.

The prize was a few items from the Simple Stories I Am collection - photo stickers, clips and bit & pieces die cuts. My gorgeously wrapped package arrived last week - thank you Lisa!

 

As soon as I opened it, I wanted to stop what I was doing and use the items on a layout right then and there! I already had the chipboard frames from the collection so I pulled them out and got to work.

Lisa had included a beautiful stamped tag with the sentiment “There is always something to be thankful for”. I decided that gratitude would be the theme of my page and that her tag would serve as my title.

I started arranging the frames on white cardstock.
 


I used two of them to make shaker cards, incorporating some of the heart and star shaped confetti Lisa had sprinkled into the package. I attached several of the die cuts and photo stickers to the frames and used more of those items to fill in some gaps on my arrangement. Once I was happy with how it all looked, I adhered everything to the page. I’ve accumulated many Pinterest quotes about gratitude so I wrote some of them around the outside edges of the page, and then mounted the layout onto black cardstock for a nice border and to give the page a little more stability. Here is my layout:
 
 
This page makes me so happy! My favorite parts - Lisa’s gorgeous tag, the fun bicycle and the adorable typewriter.



 

I’m sure that the rest of the embellishments (and Lisa’s packaging which also included some twine and two lovely doilies) will be finding their way on to more pages soon.

I love when I feel inspired to just drop everything and scrap! How about you? Have you seen anything lately that you just have to use right away?
 
 
 


3 comments :

  1. Hi Susan!!! Yay for your blog. I have bookmarked it. Congrats on your prize and what an lovely project you created with it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! You did those items proud. What a simply lovely layout. I especially love the shaker frames. How lovely that you've used all the bits and pieces from my package! Glad you liked the prize - makes me smile

    ReplyDelete
  3. Applause! Such creative use of all your Lisa goodies. The quote border is a great way to add those to the page.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs