June CKC Kit - Forgeries on the Fourth

This is my first time participating in this feature of the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog - using your own products to recreate products from the inspiration kit. Lynnette gave us some fabulous resources this month!

I actually tried my hand at two forgeries. The first one was inspired by this banner sticker sheet from Basic Grey’s Tea Garden collection:


 
I pulled out two circle punches (one with a scallop edge and another with a pinked edge) and scissors and started by trimming a small piece from a couple of the papers in my kit. 

 
I punched the circles and then cut triangles and notched banners from the various patterns.

 
I decided that I wanted to make a garland out of the shapes so I folded the patterned paper before I cut the pennants and banners, and then just folded the punched circles. I placed the shapes over the yellow and white twine I included in my kit and adhered the fronts to the backs.


 
I’ll be sharing a layout with the full garland on it soon.

For my second forgery, I took my inspiration from this idea that Lynnette shared on the CKC blog:

 
I used the Basic Grey Phoebe paper from my kit (my “on-a-whim” choice) and cut some freehand circles in small, medium and large sizes.

 
I outlined each circle with a black pen, stacked three varying sizes together, punched a hole somewhere near the center with my paper piercer, added a little brad to hold them together and they were done!

 
After I added the brads, I used my fingers to rough up the edges a little so they have a bit of dimension.
 
 
I love the whimsical look of these flowers! I’ve already got an idea for a layout using them so you’ll be seeing that one here soon, too. In the meantime, what will you be forging from your kit this month?
 

8 comments :

  1. Cute stuff - can't wait to see the layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love those flowers and looks like that banner is going to be amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your forgeries. Looking forward to seeing your projects.
    Cindy F.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you really did a great job! There really was a lot of inspiration there and I'm trying to decide which one to have a go at myself. I really love the circular flowers - maybe that has my name on it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How FAB! I think the kitting & forging is as much fun as the scrapping! Love your banner - how easy peasy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh I love these forgeries! You did a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowza! Stunning forgeries!! Love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs