My CKC June Kit: Pekoe and Posies

This month the Counterfeit Kit Club blog is featuring eight (yes eight!) of Basic Grey’s new collections as inspiration for creating a scrapbook kit out of your own supplies. (If you haven’t seen or heard about the CKC blog, go here and read all about this wonderful concept. I guarantee you’ll be hooked! I’ve been playing along at CKC since January and it’s totally revolutionized how I scrapbook. I’m planning a separate post sometime this month about how CKC has inspired me and what I’ve learned from this fun blog, just in case you need any more convincing about this amazing idea!)

I took a look at all the collections and finally settled on Tea Garden:




I loved the florals and the lively colors with a little mix of black and white. My May CKC kit featured more muted colors with a vintage feel and I felt ready for a change to something bright and bold. 

Playing off Basic Grey’s collection, here is my own kit called “Pekoe and Posies":

 


 
Let's start with the papers first, beginning in the top row from left to right:


The first thing that caught my eye in the inspiration collection was the black and white paper in the upper right. I knew I had recently purchased a paper that looked similar and when I looked through my supplies, I found that I actually had two different designs from Crate Paper: Stitching from the Craft Market collection and Cloud Nine from the Confetti collection.

As I was searching for those papers, I found the Handbook paper from the Craft Market collection. It had the colors of the Tea Garden kit (along with gray and gold, which are always favorites of mine) and I decided to add it in place of the blocked alphabet pattern in Tea Garden because I know that is not a paper design that I would use. I like that my option gives me words and phrases that I can cut to use as a title or can tuck behind photos or other papers as an embellishment.

Two papers from Basic Grey’s Fresh Cut collection (Gardenia Row and Daisy Patch) give me a pretty floral pattern and the green that is featured in Tea Garden.

There was a sheet of journaling cards in the inspiration kit and so I selected a sheet of cut aparts from the Simple Stories I Am collection - the colors are a nice match and I wanted to add a little more gold to my kit.

Next up is a yellow print (Fancy Pants Hopscotch), and two tone-on-tone papers (the pink is American Crafts Autumn Crisp Park and the turquoise is My Mind’s Eye Stella Rose/Mabel Love Letter).

It was time for a stripe. I added the border paper (Echo Park For the Record 2); since I wouldn’t use it intact I don’t really consider it a stripe but the colors were a nice fit and I can definitely see myself cutting it up and using the strips so I added it to the kit.

At this point I took a look at what I had to see what was missing. I decided I needed another floral, more turquoise and some polka dots. I wasn’t really trying to match Tea Garden item for item but was looking for papers that complemented what I’d already selected.

The bottom row shows what I decided to add: yellow polka dot (Dear Lizzy Daydreamer), a distressed turquoise (Basic Grey Lemonade Splash), a sheet of tags that will be perfect for embellishments (Crate Paper Pretty Party), thin blue stripe (Cosmo Cricket Odds & Ends Sampler), pink floral (My Mind’s Eye - unknown collection), another cut apart sheet (Echo Park For the Record 2), a blue and green pattern with hand-drawn circles (Basic Grey Phoebe Pier 9), another floral (Basic Grey Fresh Cut Poppy Lane) and a turquoise and cream stripe (Crate Paper Oh Darling Happy Day). Lately, I’ve been adding one “on a whim” paper to my kits; it’s usually a paper that may not exactly fit the kit but for some reason I just like it and so I add it. The watercolor spiral paper (Basic Grey Fresh Cut Orchid Alley) is my “on a whim” paper this time.


The Tea Garden collection didn’t really have too many embellishment options; there’s a sheet of banners, some border stickers, a journal card sheet (which I’ve already included) and some stamps. I decided to pull an assortment of some of my favorite types of embellishments and here’s what I selected from my own supplies:
 


A variety of wood veneer, a few label sheets, border and accent stickers, some Project Life cards (I have a large collection of these and need to start using them), a few packs of die-cuts and transparencies, a sheet of rub-ons, ribbon and twine, washi tape and two 6x6 paper pads (Basic Grey Hello Luscious and Sweet Threads). The paper pads aren’t a complete match to my kit but there are enough papers that coordinate well and will be good to use as photo mats or to stretch the kits as my paper supply dwindles.

And so there you have it - “Pekoe and Posies”. I’m looking forward to working with it this month!

 

 

10 comments :

  1. I like your colourscheme. This should create some beautiful vintage or girly layouts. The washis and wood veneers are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and feminine! Everything looks great together too! This should be fun! Looking forward to your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg its delicious!!!!! yum xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful kit. Love the bright cheery colors and such cute veneers. Looking forward to your projects.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute kit :) I love your choices :) (I know what you mean about the PL cards (large collection and need to use them) Wow you got a fantastic selection of veneers :) Will need to investigate that. Have fun creating with that kit :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my kind of kit. Love it. And bonus points for the clever name!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it - would buy it! :-)

    Love the addition of grey and gold - you can imagine that I love this combination too. Great kit and it will keep you going for pages and pages.

    thanks for all the info on the papers - I saw quite I few that I have in my collection. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning kit and so close to the original . I love your yummy pile of embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow so so pretty-I think I like your kit better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a soft and sweet collection. Loving your little piles of veneers. I never tire of those :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs