No photo? No problem!

Sometimes I have a story to scrapbook but I don’t have a photo to go along with it. If it’s a relatively long story, I don’t let the lack of a photo concern me. I’ll just tell the story and embellish the page as usual; the block of journaling will substitute for the photo in this situation.

But sometimes the story isn’t very long - just a quick snippet of a memory that wouldn’t take up much space on a page. What do I do in this situation?

Here’s an example…I wanted to scrap about my husband playing a princess game about 15 years ago with our two young daughters . I had no photo to use and the story could be told in just a few sentences. Even using an 8-½ x 11 size page would still leave me with a lot of real estate to fill.

Pinterest to the rescue! I did a search for the game and there it was - the exact version we had. I took a screen shot of it with my phone, edited it, printed it out and was ready to go.

So if you’re stuck without a photo to use on your page, check Pinterest - it might have just what you need.





 

1 comment :

  1. What a great idea! I worry that I don't remember the tiny details or the names of things but I think I will definitely keep that in mind next time.

    What a super page. I'm excited that you are sharing on here! I will add you to my Blog Lovin list and see if I can keep up with you :-)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs