Gotta Use It Now!

I recently purchased a Felicity Jane scrapbook kit and wanted to share a couple of the layouts I've made with it. The kit is the July kit, "Going Places". I was so happy when the cute black and white striped box showed up at my door and loved unwrapping all the things in it. The branding strips on the papers are especially adorable!
The kit was so inspiring that I had to just dig right in and make a layout.

That gorgeous coral fabric strip in the kit reminded me of a recent instagram I'd taken of some flowers on our front porch. I adhered it horizontally across at the top third of the page and tied a little bow around it using the twine that was wrapped around the spool packaging.
I used another part of the packaging, the glassine envelope, as the mat for my photo and attached the "hello" flair. I scattered the confetti and wood veneer in the upper left and bottom right corners.
The title alphas came from my supplies. I added a few lines of journaling and I was done with the first layout - and it's one of my recent favorites!

The next layout I made features the vellum alpha included in the kit. I was pleased to see that there were several pieces of the "popular" letters - I hate getting alphabets that I can only use for one title before I run out of the letters I need.
The kit also includes a travel-themed stamp set. I'm not much of a stamper but it was easy enough for me to add a stamped border all around the page.
Here's a look at the complete layout:
I am definitely having fun with this kit! I've made three more layouts with it and I'll be sharing those in my next post.

1 comment :

  1. Clapping my hands, at your excitement AND your creativity! I'm not sure I've ever seen one of these kits... that stamp is wonderful & what a perfect way to use it. Gorgeous vellum alpha - what a score!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs