I'm Done!

I've been busily working with my July CKC kit and I think I'm finally ready to retire what I have left. I thought I would share the last few layouts I made from it with you today.

I hadn't yet touched this Amy Tangerine paper and thought it was time to use it:
Jump Stitch from the Stitched Collection

When I selected it for my kit, I was pretty sure that I'd be cutting up those rectangles but I eventually decided to cut off just the top row and the right column and use the rest as a whole piece. Because the cut piece was smaller than 8-1/2x11, I mounted it on a sheet of white cardstock. I added my photo and wrote my journaling on a couple of those rectangles.

Since I wanted that background paper to stand out, I just added a few little die-cut embellishments - a camera, a yellow envelope and some hearts.
I stapled on two little pennant shapes that I cut from the branding strips from my kit papers and topped them with a heart. And I had a complete fan-girl moment when Amy Tan commented on my instagram photo of it - woo hoo!
Moving on...I still had most of this paper left and decided to see how I could use it on a page:
The Photo Frames vellum from the Ocean Melody collection by Adrienne Looman for Webster's Pages
I would usually just cut these and arrange them on a page but was getting thrown off by the insides of the frames - I don't really have a use for the "bonfire" or "s'mores" and wasn't really too crazy about most of the rest. The only ones I really liked were the "This" and "Hello" in the top row. My solution: just cut out the insides! I used my paper trimmer and scissors to carefully trim out the centers; I saved the two that I liked and got rid of the rest.
This photo (my husband and young daughters flying a kite at the beach) has been sitting out on my table for a while, just waiting for me to figure out what I wanted to say about it. I arranged the frames on white cardstock and added the photo. The frames hold written memories of my husband as a dad from that time in his life.

I added a couple of tags and some word/phrase stickers. For my title, I trimmed the "this" piece into a tag (to mirror the other tags on the page) and added "Daddy" with some Amy Tangerine stickers (not from my kit).
The next layout features another older photo and my design was inspired by a lesson in layering in Camp Scrap 2015.
The strip of patterned paper on the left was too short to run the length of the page so I trimmed the end to make it look like a banner. Then I just layered bits and pieces of the leftovers from my kit before adding my photo, journaling and title.
My final two layouts do not have photos but do have very specific memories that I wanted to record. Each page was prompted by a piece from Crate Paper's Poolside Collection chipboard sheet.

This layout is about my childhood memories of a specific beach.
All I had left of that pretty chevron paper was the triangular piece you see on the page - I didn't want to cut it smaller so I just built the rest of the layout around it, using washi tape to cover the seam between the two patterned papers.
The chipboard umbrella was the inspiration piece and I added the beach ball and flip flops to go with it.

The final layout uses the diver from that same chipboard sheet.
It's the perfect embellishment for a layout about my "aversion" to swimming.
I tore out some sheets from a very old Making Memories journaling pad and used them for my journaling.

A strip of blue vellum serves as the "pool" at the bottom of the page. I added a few tabs from an October Afternoon die-cut pack to the top to finish off the page.

Whew...this is a pretty long post - thanks for staying to the end! What have you been making lately?

3 comments :

  1. lots of pages done and oooh I might have to scraplift! all of it were so pretty! i really like the frames with the inside cut out and filled in with journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH! I wrote a long comment that has vaporized :(
    #1 looks like a newspaper article! Very inspiring as I rarely get beyond the idea of cutting these type of papers up.
    #2 This Daddy - oh, Susan - what a marvelous tribute page. Yet another uber creative use of those tough papers that clamor to be taken at face value.
    #3's layers are so wonderful with that sweet photo. The camera just makes it.
    #4's homemade beach looks FAB! love, love, love
    #5 Ready Set NO. Perfection. That embelli must have prompted this story! Love how you got the water looking a little spooky there at the bottom :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic layouts. I especially like This daddy and the one with all the journaling.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs