Inspired by...

Today's layout was inspired by one of this week's pins on The Crafty Maven Getaway:

Dream Green DIY
I was inspired by the alternating squares of horizontal and vertical lines in the bookcase and decided I would try to replicate them with washi tape. I gathered a few rolls, trying to use the same basic colors in the photo:
I added strips of tape to a sheet of 8-1/2x11 white cardstock until the paper was completely full. It curls up a little at the sides but since I was planning to cut squares out of the page I wasn't too concerned.

I did think about using the whole sheet as it was for a layout but decided that I'd follow through with my original idea. I trimmed the sheet into squares, making sure that each one had all six different washi designs on it.
Once that was done, the rest of the layout came together pretty quickly. I picked four squares, turned a couple of them vertically and then arranged all four into a larger square on white cardstock. I placed my photo in the center of that square, then added some circular embellishments (older product from Evalicious that I've been hoarding for a while) along the bottom edge. A cork title, some journaling and a black pen border around the edges finished it off.

This layout was quick, fun and a great way to use up some of my washi tape supply.
The Crafty Maven Getaway shares all sorts of projects and inspiration on their blog, youtube channel, and pinterest. I hope you'll check them out and play along too!

1 comment :

  1. Using up washi - it's a GOOD thing! And really wonderful the way you did it. I love the lively circle border. Great choice of photo.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs