Inspired by...

I put together a really quick layout using my July CKC kit and this week's inspiration piece from The Crafty Maven Getaway. You can find it on their July 2015 Pinterest board:

Creative Juice

I love everything about this photo - it's so happy and fun! My kit had quite a few items in it that were a great fit - I had a full sheet of black and white striped paper and plenty of scraps in pink, blue, aqua and gold.

Inspired by the bold black and white stripes, the circles and the colors in the photo, I created this layout:
I just used a circle punch on the colorful scraps and then layered them in a vertical line on the left side of the layout. One of the cut-apart sheets in my kit had that "endless summer" card so I used it as my title and then cut the photos down to that same size.

I think the layout has a nice, dreamy quality to it, which definitely matched the mood of that morning and the youthful idea of an endless summer.

Thanks for stopping by today - hope you check out The Crafty Maven Getaway and find some inspiration there too!

3 comments :

  1. I've pinned your layout because it's totally gorgeous!!! love all those circles and the mix of papers and colours and patterns make me sigh with happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! I really like the inspiration but would have not had a clue on how to translate it successfully. You aced this! The circles look so much like foaming surf - so perfect. Love that the photos are b/w - so unexpected for beachy pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that border; the page does has a dreamy effect to it.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs