Layout for Camp Scrap

I am taking May Flaum's Camp Scrap class this month and I used my July CKC kit to make this layout for the first prompt:

 
I used one of my tried-and-true designs: paper strips. I cut the piece of bokeh paper into strips of varying widths, and then placed them on white cardstock, keeping some space between each one. I also used my "on-a-whim" kit piece, the Jenni Bowlin perforated paper - I tore off a 4x6-ish piece of it to use for my journaling. Each rectangle on that paper has a little bit of text in the lower right corner. I didn't want this to distract from my own journaling, so I covered the bottom with pieces of washi from my kit.
 
 
The only item I used that didn't come from my kit is the doily. I wanted something to hold the rest of my title and the doily happened to be out on my table - perfect.
 
 

I've just started going through the material in Camp Scrap (there are several videos, guest instructors, a gallery and a message board) but I'm already inspired. I think it's going to be fun and I'm looking forward to using my July kit as I work on the material this month. If you're participating in the class too, please let me know in the comments.

10 comments :

  1. Just popped over from Camp Scrap. Great layout - I like your use of the strips & the doily works perfect to hold the longer title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone had to be the "bag lady!" Love your arrangement on this layout. Those strips work really well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this LO. The photo with the sun shining through the ferris wheel is perfect and I love how the patterns paper strips compliment the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your title work on the doily. SO FUN!! Great LO!!!
    Blessings ~~ dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute layout, love the stripes, the washi tape and the doily.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  7. Had a good giggle at the end over your title closeup!
    Washi save on those JB tags was GENIUS :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like all the horizontal aspects to this page - nicely done.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs