More Fun at Camp Scrap

We had a very low-key and relaxing Independence Day weekend which gave me plenty of time to look at the class materials and videos for May Flaum's Camp Scrap. This is certainly my kind of camping - no bugs, great weather and lots of inspiration! I made two layouts to share with you today.

Here is the first layout, which was inspired by Ashli Oliver's layered grid recipe:

 
The grid design gave me lots of places to play with all the fun embellishments in my July CKC kit.
 
I used a woodgrain frame, some die cuts, vellum, and washi. The title came from one of the cut apart sheets in my kit. After I added all my embellishments, I outlined each square/rectangle just to pull it all together.


For the second layout, I was inspired by May's one spot recipe and by this inspiration piece on The Crafty Maven Getaway blog:

 
Here's my layout:


I used a few patterned papers to echo the designs and colors of several of the pillows, and May's recipe helped me make this page in under 30 minutes. Can't beat that!

 
Camp Scrap is definitely a fun place to hang out this month!

7 comments :

  1. Beautiful pages! I especially love your grid design and all the fun bits and pieces! I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific work with both challenges. The grid design with all the layering is particularly fabulous! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the grids create little canvases for your bits and bobs. Such an interesting layout. As a child, I used to hate the strap between my toes, but I outgrew that by the time I was a teenager. Have you ever seen switch flops? You can buy different straps to velcro on to coordinate with different outfits. I love them so much! Always a pleasure to see your work, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great takes on the challenges.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun layouts! Wow, I am envious of your ability to do a page in under 30 mins. :) That is unheard of for me as I am a slow scrapper... a little too detail oriented.;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both great pages, but I particularly love your triangular shelf and the offset corners on that second one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg both those layouts are Gorgeous!!! I may have to scrap lift the one inspired by The Crafty Maven Getaway inspiration piece!!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs