My CKC July Kit: Endless Summer

Happy July 1st! July has always been a favorite of mine because there always seems to be so many things to look forward to during this month - barbecues for Independence Day, vacations, my birthday, true summer weather, gardens in bloom, farm-grown fruits and veggies...I think you get the idea. And now, I can also add the reveal of the July CKC kit to my list!

The July kit inspiration is this beautiful monochromatic kit from Scrapabilly:

 
I love the gorgeous shades of blue and aqua and I completely intended to be pretty faithful to the inspiration when I put together my kit. I jotted down a few notes to guide me in selecting papers and embellishments from my supplies. I took a photo of it as proof of my good intentions:
 
I also torture myself by not looking at any of the kits assembled by the talented CKC design team of Master Forgers until I've got my kit ready. It's so tempting to take a peek at their blogs but I don't want to be influenced by their choices.
 
So, armed with my list and a mental picture of the Scrapabilly kit, I started going through my supplies. Somewhere along the way, I took a big detour and instead of the monochromatic, serene and ocean-inspired kit I had envisioned, I ended up with this:
 


I suppose it's somewhat serene and possibly a little ocean inspired but it's definitely not monochromatic! I'm calling it "Endless Summer" because the colors remind me of ice cream and lemonade, my flower garden in the late afternoon sun, and faded beach towels drying on the line. (I also considered "Drift Away" because I drifted so far from the inspiration kit and "Carried Away" because I really packed this kit full of papers and embellishments!)

Here's a closer look at the papers:


It has a mix of pastels in blue, pink and yellow, a little gray, a weathered white woodgrain, a burlap and white stripe, and a black and white stripe. There are a few cut apart sheets, a tag sheet with burlap and gold, and a sheet of vellum polaroid shapes. Some of the papers are new, including a sheet from Crate Paper's Poolside Collection (which is definitely one of my current favorites) and some are old (anyone remember Daisy D's and Foof-a-la?) I've got a challenge paper (the bokeh/photo-realistic paper from Webster's Pages on the top right that will be a challenge for me to use) and my tried-and true polka dots and solids. My "on-a-whim" paper is a perforated sheet of ticket-like shapes from Jenni Bowlin (the last paper in the top row). I'm not sure how I'll use that one but I discovered it while searching through my supplies and just had to add it to the kit.

My embellishments are a mix of old and new as well:


I chose woodgrain frames, some labels, a couple of paper scraps (blue bokeh vellum and anchors), journaling cards, decorative bags and a few different alphas.


I like to include a 6x6 paper pad in my kits and this time I added one that is all white embossed papers. I also have another sheet of alphas, some summer-themed die cuts, labels and chipboard, phrase stickers, brads and a very old sheet of white rub-ons.

So, there is it - my "Endless Summer". I'm excited about putting it to good use this month. And now, I can't wait any longer - I'm off to check out the Master Forgers blog hop to finally see their wonderful kits!

7 comments :

  1. Your kit is so sweet and pretty! loving the pastels and your embellishments packs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! What a wonderful assortment of embellishments too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great kit - you are really in gathering mode on the supplies, aren't you. Can't wait to see some pages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the tones on your kit, and the mix of old and new. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty kit, love all the muted shades. Looking forward to your creations.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, clapping my hands! This kit makes me so happy!
    First off I was highly entertained by your inspired alternate kit names :-D
    Second how even without the monochromatic scheme your kit has much of the dreamy quality of the inspiration, although in a more sherbety palette.
    Third your kit came about in the absolute reverse of mine, as I fully intended on adding a lot of color, lol.
    Finally, I can't wait to see what clever use you put that JB ticket paper to. I have, shall we say, a few sheets of it.... xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super cute kit you pulled :) I love the choices you made and and the fun embellishments you pulled. I'm a little behind on pulling my kit this month :)
    Thank you for the kind comments you left about my camp scrap layout, so glad to have those color theme paper drawers for layouts in monochromatic color scheme just makes it so much easier. Should probably do the same with my embellishments. Looking forward to see what you create with this fun kit :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs