Three More Felicity Jane Layouts

I used my July Felicity Jane kit to make three more layouts that I'd like to share with you today.

The first one is an 8-1/2x11 page that was prompted by one of the wood veneer words included in the kit. I spent some time mulling over what photos would work well with the word "adventure" and then remembered a photo that I took at my older daughter's college graduation last May. She and her two roommates were walking in front of us, on their way to a special spot for some grad photos. I snapped a quick picture with my camera and then used the Waterlogue app to give it a watercolor look.


I cut a large piece of the "going places" patterned paper and matted my photo on it. The wood veneer, paired with more of those vellum letters, serves as the title.  A couple of phrases, a compass-themed flair and a hand-cut banner finished the center design. I matted the layout on a black and white patterned paper that was included in the kit. My white cardstock is somewhat thin so you can see a bit of the black and white paper underneath but I'm ok with that. For journaling, I just added their names and the date - I think the photo and title pretty much says everything else.

The second layout features those big vellum letters again (can you tell I really like them?) and most of what remains of that pretty coral fabric that I used on my first layout.


I cut pieces of the yellow polka dot and colorful striped papers into banner shapes. The confetti pieces between the photo and the title are tissue paper shapes that were part of the kit. The quote is something I found on Pinterest - a good reminder when I'm feeling a little down.
The last layout was inspired by one of the pieces on the kit's cut-apart sheet: a cute little bicycle. I used another centered design (I think this is becoming one of my "go to" designs) and then really just played with adding pieces of paper and tucking in some of the embellishments here and there. I had nothing in mind at the start other than the photos and topic.
 
The "bike" letters and enamel dots are from my own supplies; everything else was part of the kit. The black and white stripes and polka dots are actually part of the packaging. I love that little bicycle branding strip along the bottom.
So, that's five layouts so far from this kit. I don't have any whole sheets of paper left and used most of the embellishments. I may make one more layout using what remains but am happy with what I already got out of the kit.

I did decide to begin a Felicity Jane subscription - I'd been watching the kits she offered over the last several months and have really liked them. I've noticed that the kits have the same overall feel and seem to pair well with each other so even if I don't use every bit of this one, I'm sure I'll be able to the leftovers with another one. And now, on to August!

2 comments :

  1. Oh. My. Word.
    That graduation page is yet another 10! Totally perfect - looks like a magazine ad.
    Your inspirational page? Definitely needs framed & hung front & center.
    I'm scraplifting the bike one for CKC Challenge #2 - will link to you :-D
    Shaking my head A-MA-ZING... xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leslie - can't wait to see your layout!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs