Two Challenge Layouts

Here are two layouts I made for the challenges up on the CKC blog for July.

Challenge #1 is to make a page with no less than 4 photos on it. I enjoy making layouts that showcase photos over a span of time - it's wonderful to see a current photo and be able to tie it to one taken in the past. I had already pulled together a few photos of one of my daughters with the idea of someday making a scrapbook page about her adventurous spirit, and thought this would be a great one to tackle for this challenge. Here's my layout which features 10 (yes 10!) photos:

 
I used the pic stitch app to make the rectangular photos, printed them out on my Selphy and then arranged them chronologically across the page.
 
 
I kept the embellishments light to keep the focus on the photos and the journaling.
 

 The title is an A. A. Milne/Winnie the Pooh quote that I'd been saving just for these photos.
 
 
For my second layout, I decided to tackle Challenge #2, use an old tool on a layout. I tweaked this one a bit - I used a relatively new paper punch. I'm considering it a match to the challenge though because when I use punches, I tend to reach for generic shapes like circles and squares; I don't really use the special shape punches that I have very often. The punch I used for this layout is a leaf.
 
 
In my July kit I'd included a package of white rub-ons from Reminisce that were made in 2007. I had no idea whether they would be usable but thought I would try them on the background of this page. They worked beautifully - I had no trouble with them at all! I scattered them around the page, intentionally placing the largest square in the bottom left corner to hold my journaling.
 
 
I cut some of the pastel papers into squares and arranged them on the right side of the page to balance the photo and journaling block on the left. I added the title on one of the cute little mason jar pockets from Crate Paper's Poolside Collection. I adhered some phrases, along with a gold-edged tag, gold hearts and some pinked circles that came with the mason jars.
 
 
I punched the leaf shape out of vellum and then tucked them here and there among the squares as well.

You can find out more of the challenge details on the Counterfeit Kit Club blog. The month of July seems to be speeding by but there's still time to give them a try!

3 comments :

  1. You've added many pieces to each of these pages, and they both look so unique and different from each other even though they have that in common. Lovely scrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, as always, Susan! Thank you for inspiring me with your scrappy goodness this month!! (I wasn't signed in the first time I did this and my comment disappeared :( ugh) Lots of beautiful eye candy that makes me feel like sitting in my space and creating something myself. You're awesome!! Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so amazing :-) L-O-V-E how you have made custom patterned paper with your patterned papers, although I'm sure there is a better way to say that, lol. You are definitely the master of the photo time line! Also love the Pooh title.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs