Counterfeit Kit Challenge August Members' Blog Hop

Hello and welcome to my stop on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge August blog hop! You should have arrived here from Tina's blog.

The August Challenges were:
Challenge 1: Blank Canvas - use white as your background on your project
Challenge 2: Gift Wrap Challenge - find some cool gift wrap and use it to inspire you
Challenge 3: Word Challenge - do a project based on the word friends

My layout today is based on the first challenge - blank canvas, and I also used my forged frames (you can read about how I made them here).

I had four of them left and was moving them around on a piece of white cardstock when I got the idea to use them all. I decided not to use a photo - I could definitely tell the story without it just using the travel-themed items in my kit. Here's the layout: 
The white space on the frames provided me with room for my journaling. I added a couple of rub-ons (the dollar signs and the light bulb) and my title across the bottom. 
I trimmed the layout and mounted it on a navy patterned paper from my kit and that was it - done!

Thanks so much for stopping by - I hope you enjoyed my layout. You can now hop over to Margie's blog and see her fun contribution to the hop. If you’d like to start at the beginning, you can visit the CKC blog.

Here’s a full list of the hop participants in case you lose your place along the way:

Happy hopping!

8 comments :

  1. So, much to love about this layout! Loving the colours and the composition, but mostly, I'm loving that you made room for so much journalling - will have to steal this idea, as I usually let the photographs do all of the talking :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun super cute layout :) What a fun way to tell a story with out the photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute page! This inspires me to scrap all those stories for which I do not have any photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This layout is perfect for story-telling! Lots of journaling in this pretty layout! Loved what you did with the frames and embellishments

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great design without photo! Love the frame too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow Susan, I just *LOVE* this! I was so busy admiring the design of your layout, I didn't even notice it was missing a photograph until I read through your post and you mentioned it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous! as always! What a great story - think I should think about our "rules" and the polaroids really are perfect. I didnt notice the lack of photo either! Wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful layout without photos! I love your frames, too!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs