More Felicity Jane Layouts

Here are four more layouts from my August Felicity Jane kit.

I arranged a few of the cut-apart pieces into a grid, then added my photo on top.
I kept the embellishments to a minimum and wrote my journaling in the lower right block.
This cute little pink flair does make me smile!

The next page is also 12x12 and I was inspired by a layout posted on instagram by Sara M (@sara.scraps). She was using the same kit and she cut out several of the clouds from one of the papers and sprinkled them over her page. Such a great idea!
I'd already cut the center out of this yellow dotted paper when I made my very first layout from this kit. Now I decided to use the leftover piece on this layout. I placed a strip of the cloud paper across the center, both to disguise the earlier cut line and to provide a home for my photo and title. I tucked a couple of tags and an arrow die-cut on the left to offset the title on the right.


For a final touch, I added a few more clouds at the bottom right, along with a label (to get a little more orange on the page) and a flair.

Now on to a couple of 8-1/2 x 11 pages. My favorite paper in this kit was a bold floral pattern over a thin black stripe. I loved it but wasn't sure exactly how to use it - any photos I tried to pair with it just got lost. So I decided to cut it, although I'll admit I had to really talk myself into doing that! I was afraid that I'd ruin it and end up with nothing. But better to take a chance than to just let it sit there so I made the cut! I decided to trim some pieces to use as a border and then fussy-cut around some of the flowers to use on another page.

Here's the first page:
I added the branding strip to the top, printed the photo in black & white and then tucked a tiny leftover piece of the green patterned "B" side under the photo to add a little more color. I used the gold alpha included in the kit (it's a lovely book from Maggie Holmes but the letters do not stick on their own) and then sprinkled a few adhesive gold sequins in among the flowers.
My final layout is definitely my favorite. I revisited the reverse matting technique I mentioned here - I love how it frames the layout.

The black & white stripe matte beneath the photo was actually some packaging that I took apart and cut into a rectangle. The script "beautiful" came in the kit and I paired it with a die-cut label to serve as the title.
I cut a green polka dot label in half and tucked a piece at the top and the bottom. I wrote my journaling, drew the lines underneath the words and then added a few gold sequins and enamel dots from the kit.
I made seven layouts with this kit and while I do have a whole sheet of paper and some scraps left, I'm calling it done. September is almost here and I'm sure there will be plenty of fun in the black & white stripe box arriving at my house in a couple weeks!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs