More Weekend Getaway Layouts

Here are a few more layouts that I made with my Weekend Getaway kit.

I used a 5x7 collage that I've had since we took this vacation in 2008 (sigh...). I usually make separate albums for trips and vacations but just haven't been inspired to devote the time and energy I'll need to get that project done. 
This layout will make a good introductory page once I'm finally ready to tackle that trip album.
Love these cute puffy word stickers from Evalicious!

Next up, a photo-less layout about one of the ways we kept ourselves busy on long car trips.
I used scraps of the number and alphabet papers to complement my topic. The vehicle embellishments are from an old sheet of Basic Grey rub-ons ~ they went on beautifully!
I made a very simple layout to highlight one of my favorite photos from a more recent vacation. I used my sewing machine and my "on-a-whim" heart paper as the outside border for this one. It's a reverse-matting technique that I learned watching this youtube video by Tracy Banks (known on youtube as MercyTiara). I really like how this looks:
Here's a close-up of the stitched border (I used gold metallic thread):
I added a thin double mat around the photo, the one word title and a few puffy gold and white stickers from Crate Paper.
The last layout is about how I love to go out to breakfast, whether or not we're on vacation. I'm not sure why that is but I think it's better to not question it and just accept it as fact!
I used a center design on this one and a few more of those Basic Grey rub-ons. 

When I assembled this kit, I didn't think I would get very much use out of it. I at first saw it as only being useful for photos of actual vacations. While I did scrap a few of those photos with it, I also found myself thinking beyond that category. I found memories to record that were connected to vacations, like the breakfast and license plate game pages here and the plane and getting home layouts in this other post. This kit has turned out to be much more versatile than I first thought!

3 comments :

  1. Wow. You've been busy. I love the very simple layout that you created to frame that beautiful sunset photo - sometimes you don't need to add a lot, do you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pages! I absolutely LOVE that "Out For Breakfast" layout … the font on those Thickers is superb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layouts, you can really work the neutrals of this color palette. Very well done!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs