My CKC August Kit: Weekend Getaway

This month the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog is using this lovely travel-themed kit called “Globe-Trotter” from the Scrappy Canary:


Isn’t it pretty? I took a nice, long look at it, jotted down some notes and then began to assemble my take on it. Our family isn’t taking a week-long vacation this year, but we have taken several day trips and I’m hoping to get away for a long weekend with my husband this fall. In keeping with this month’s travel inspiration, here is my “Weekend Getaway” kit:


My intention was to keep my kit small, just like the inspiration kit. I have some other kits I’d like to finish up and there are several other items on my scrapbooking “to do” list this month so I’m not sure how much time I’ll have to work with this new kit. But, much like the way I tend to over-pack for a short trip, I got a little carried away. So let’s just say I like to be prepared and take a look at the papers first.

I was definitely inspired by all the grays in the Globe-Trotter kit and included several shades and patterns of it in my kit. Gray is a lovely neutral and a nice change from the white or cream cardstock I sometimes use as the base for a layout. I first selected the last two papers in the top row: the pale yellow print is from the Fancy Pant’s Love Story Collection and the gray houndstooth is from Jillibean Soup’s Sweet & Sour Soup. Continuing to the left, I’ve got a gray linen-look from Fancy Pants Be You Collection, a yellow alpha print from Studio Calico’s Memoir, red with white numbers from October Afternoon’s Road Map, a solid gray from the American Crafts I Do Collection, a gray polka dot from the Studio Calico Classic Calico Collection and a pink and pale yellow print from Maggie Holmes’ Flea Market.

The bottom row, from left to right: Simple Stories Take a Hike Collection (travel icons), Pink Paislee House of 3 Daily Junque Collection (navy and cream print), Heidi Swapp Serendipity (gray and white stripe), Pebbles Front Porch Collection (blue print), October Afternoon 5 & Dime (yellow ledger), Maggie Holmes Flea Market (gray woodgrain), Dear Lizzy Daydreamer Collection (white, black & pink dot print), and My Mind’s Eye Follow Your Heart Collection (frames). The final paper is my “on-a-whim” choice: a heart print from Webster’s Pages Clean & Simple. It looks like it’s from a wedding collection but the colors are a nice match and I think I’ll be able to make it work with the rest of the papers.
I selected a mix of new and already opened packages for my embellishments. I pulled some scraps of paper from my scrap box, along with a pack of wood veneer travel words, rub-ons, puffy stickers, washi tape, ribbon, stickers from Crate Paper’s Craft Market line, and my beloved labels. I also added some travel tags that will be great for journaling. I don’t have the packaging for them but I suspect they are from an old Making Memories travel collection.

The last addition to my kit was this group of stamps with mostly travel phrases and icons. I am trying to stamp more on my pages - I have lots of stamps and I rarely use them, but they are a quick and easy way to add a little something fun to a scrapbook layout.

And that wraps up my “Weekend Getaway” kit. While it might fit better in a suitcase than a carry-on, I’m not really going far anyway. Don’t forget to visit the CKC blog to see how everyone is using their kits this month.
 

5 comments :

  1. Oooo, aaahhh. Looks like the kind of kit that will take you away into scrappy adventures. I am really liking all the fun stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh I do like this kit you made :) Like you I overpack a kit too :) I just love the stamp collection you pulled for this kit it will be fun to see what you do with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cor, I am loving everything about this kit! The colours and patterns of the papers are very 'me' and I adore the stamp sets that you've chosen. Can't wait to visit again and see some projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll take a suitcase of supplies like this any day! What a stunner! It's gorgeous. I really love the colours and that heart paper? Swoon!!!! I see many embellies I have in my stash too and perfect additions for your kit. Smiling over here!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs