"The Little Things" Layout

Today's layout is based on the two inspiration pieces for this week from The Crafty Maven Getaway:


I love that quote and knew that I wanted to work with that idea somehow. Here's my layout:
The background paper reminded me a little of the colors in the first inspiration photo. I used tags, ephemera and rub-ons from my favorite Crate Paper line: "Notes and Things".
I layered bits & pieces under and around the photo and included a pale yellow doily, some cream trim, and a scrap piece of gold patterned vellum.
I added rub-on phrases and gold hearts here and there as well. I wrote a quote under the photo block and then included my journaling. My last touch was a stitched gold thread border all around the page.

1 comment :

  1. Oh, Susan, I really do love this! I loved the inspo on sight, and you have definitely done it justice. Your page "contains" things that make me want to come closer & discover more. The whitewashed feel of the background gives it some crusty texture even though it's 2D.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs