Weekend Getaway - CKC August Kit

I've been scrapping away with this kit but major computer issues have prevented me from posting. Everything is working properly again (fingers crossed) so I'd like to share a few of the layouts I've made with my kit.

First, my forgery - not exactly on the fourth but better late than never right? I was inspired by Leslie's lovely frames and decided to do something similar. I started by cutting the sheet of My Mind's Eye frames and adding details using the stamps and embellishments in my kit.


Very easy and very fun!
And now, a couple of layouts. I used two of the frames on this page:

I wasn't a scrapbooker when my husband and I took these photos and unfortunately the only identifying information I had about this trip was the place and date written on the back of one of the photos. I don't remember any details of this little weekend trip - I don't remember where we stayed, what else we saw, why we went, etc., which was causing me some problems when it came to journaling. How could I write about things that I don’t remember? Definitely a good reminder to me to at least jot down the basics so that I'll have the information readily available when I'm ready to scrap the photos. Fortunately, I did remember that this was our last vacation before we had children, so I focused on that for my journaling.

I used another frame on this layout:

The "and the story begins.." label originally had a red border but it clashed with the rest of the layout. I removed the staple, cut off the border and then stapled the label back on.

So that's a little bit of what I have been working on recently. I'll be back very soon with a few more layouts.

3 comments :

  1. this is so pretty and easy to make actually.. thanks for the inspiration. I must give it a try. As for memory keeping, I always forget too, then I just google for a bit and see what I can remember! I am definitely bringing a traveler's notebook next time I travel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute layout and just love the forgeries you made :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally I find frames so difficult to use. You've worked wonders with them, and given me some great ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs