Felicity Jane Layouts

Time to share three layouts I've made with the September Kit from Felicity Jane - "Feels Like Home".  All the products on these pages were included in the kit.

I converted the photos on the first layout to black and white, to keep the varied backgrounds from competing with the vibrant colors of the striped paper I used as my background:
I picked out my favorites from the cut-apart sheet and tucked them next to the three photos. I used the puffy heart stickers from Crate Paper's Wonder Collection to hold down the circles of gold thread I placed under the photos and then added a couple of hearts and some phrases from the kit's embellishment sheet. I am now a big fan of the black foam letter thickers that were part of the kit. They are the Fitzgerald alpha from Shimelle's True Stories Collection for American Crafts and I like the thin shape and that there's a generous supply of each letter on the sheets.
One of my favorite details of the Felicity Jane kits are the branding strips. This paper had a perfect design for the subject of my story and so I left the branding strip on the bottom and trimmed the top of the paper instead to keep the page at 12" tall.
I used a grid design of four quadrants for the next layout. One holds the title, another holds the photo, one holds the journaling and the last one holds an embellishment.
I just added another embellishment cluster in the top left and bottom right corners to finish off the page.
My final layout was inspired by a prompt on the Whimsical Musings blog, which is a fun challenge blog that provides weekly prompts for layout inspiration. My page is in response to Challenge #183 - be inspired by teddy bears. I've been intending to make a mini-book about my daughter's cherished Ted for a long time; this prompt was just the push I needed to make a page about this topic, so at least the memory is recorded until I have time to get that mini-book done.
I selected two of the pictures I'd set aside and paired them with some of the pink and blue/teal embellishments from the kit.

Those two flair are adorable and completely suited to the page. I also used a couple of the stamps and two wood veneer hearts at the bottom. This is another case of the branding strip being perfect for the page, so I left it on and just trimmed the top of the paper. The "love" arrows above the tickets are from a branding strip as well. This layout definitely made me smile!

Thanks for stopping by - what have you been working on lately?

3 comments :

  1. Pea green with envy! I started my subscription last month but there was a mix-up & I didn't receive a September kit :( although I still may - they are working on it.
    Love how well the elements worked for your stories. I'm going to try for a closer look at the journaling on your house page :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm excited that you'll be getting these kits and I hope they're able to get you the September one soon. The journaling just talks about our 100+ year old house and how someday I would like to live in something new.

      Delete
  2. I am always intimidated with paper with bold patterns...you hit it out of the park!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs