Happy & XOXO Layouts

I had a little time on this long holiday weekend to put together a few more layouts using my CKC kit for September, "Kaleidoscope". It's been a great match to some of the photos I have from this summer and since our weather continues to be sunny and very warm, I'm still in the mood to scrapbook them. 

For the first layout, I used the leaves I made from the washi tape in my kit. You can read about how I made them in this post.  
They were just the right accent for a photo I'd taken while enjoying a very relaxing outdoor lunch with one of my daughters. I included a pink watercolor 4x6 card from the "Trinkets" Project Life kit which brought out the color of the terra cotta planter next to our table. The journaling card, pennants, "happy" and hearts die-cuts are also from that PL kit.

I used my "0n-a-whim" paper for the second layout and paired it with some die-cut watercolor clouds from Pretty Little Studio. I love these - they are just adorable! 
I lifted some of the clouds and my hand-cut title on pop-dots. (I've seen a lot of hand-cut titles lately and decided to give them a try.) I wanted to back the cutout triangles with something and didn't like any of the options I had in my kit so I flipped through some scraps and found a cute watercolor heart paper that was a nice match. I added the date under the photo with a white pen and then just wrote a few notes about the photo on the back of the layout. There's no story to go along with this page - I scrapped it just because I liked the photo and wanted to spend a little creative time with my kit.
My Kaleidoscope kit is still pretty full and I have a stack of photos too so I'll be back soon with more layouts. Hope you're enjoying some creative time too!

2 comments :

  1. Your kit this month is SO pretty - love how well the leaves frame your photo on page #1, and your handcut title looks FAB! I like how the kit is inspiring you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both layouts are great. Love how you used the leaves on the first one. The pop dots are such a nice touch on your title on the second layout.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs