Kaleidoscope Layouts

I've got two layouts to share today that I made using my Kaleidoscope kit

I included some paper straws in my kit and wanted to try out an idea I had seen somewhere online - it was Pinterest or Instagram - and unfortunately that means I don't know who to credit either. First, here's the layout:
I used the straws to make a frame around my photo. I'd been looking at our refrigerator recently and realized that, even though my daughters are now in their early twenties, our refrigerator still holds some magnets they made when they were in elementary school. I snapped a quick photo intending to make a scrapbook layout about it eventually. Then I saw a layout with a frame made from paper straws and thought that would be a nice look for a page about handmade magnets. The straws were a little thicker than I realized so I ended up "smooshing" them down so the page wouldn't be that bulky. I adhered them using Scotch Quick-Dry Adhesive. I used puffy stickers to tack down my journaling, trying to make it look as though it had been attached in a similar way as a note on a refrigerator.
After I placed the title, I stamped around the layout to fill in some of the open spaces and then stamped a little chevron border in random places around the white cardstock surrounding the layout.

My second layout was for Challenge #1 on the CKC blog - use a single pop of color on a layout. I was lucky enough to have the perfect photo to go along with the purple washi in my kit and here is the layout I made:

This layout took less than 15 minutes to complete, including the time it took me to find the blank white tags I used for my title letters. I was trying to mimic the look of the letters in the Studio Calico Pop Art scrapbook kit that was one of the inspiration pieces this month. If you're looking to make a very quick layout, limiting your color to one choice is definitely
a great way to go!.


4 comments :

  1. Applause! So clever to mimic the magnets on your journaling block :) Love the subtle detail of the random stamping on the edge - I used to take a random "chomp" out of the background paper with edge punches when I had one that related to the page (must remember to do that again.)
    The purple page is FAB. Tucked into my inspo digi folder for future reference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leslie - I love the punch idea! I need to make an "ideas to try" list and add that to it!

      Delete
  2. I love the straws turned into a frame, such a great idea and perfect for this layout. Great use of the tags as a title on the second layout.
    Cindy f

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely memory captured. Great use for the straws.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs