My CKC September Kit: Kaleidoscope

This month the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog is using the Pop Art kits from Studio Calico. I decided to use the scrapbook kit as my inspiration:
I took a look at it and wrote down a few ideas:
Then it was time to look through my supplies - it's fun to "shop" through what I have and see the kit come to life.

Here is my kit, "Kaleidoscope" -
It's definitely bigger than the original inspiration and has quite a few more embellishments but I wanted to give myself plenty of options when I'm making my layouts.

Let's look at the papers first:
The first paper I chose is the purple paper with white days of the week from Studio Calico. I thought of this paper when I first saw the inspiration piece and it satisfies two of the categories on my list: purple and text. Continuing on the top row, from left to right: a confetti look paper in pink, purple and orange from Allison Kreft for Webster's Pages "Sprinkled with Love", an orange watercolor from Basic Grey "Fresh Market", Happy Words paper from Pinkfresh Studio, a yellow paper with white hearts from Amy Tangerine's "Rise & Shine", and a black & white stripe from the Paper Studio. The next paper is my "on-a-whim" addition (I add a paper to every kit that might not fit well with the kit but just appeals to me somehow and so in it goes): Pink Paislee "Color Wash - Brilliant". The colors are much softer than the rest of my kit but I really like the triangles on the background and the cut outs so I included it. The last paper in the top row is from Bo Bunny "Modern Miss" and the color changes from pale yellow in one corner to a pale blue in the opposite corner.

The bottom row features a sheet from Studio Calico's "Lemon Lush" collection (good for cutting apart for layers), a text pink and white from Fancy Pants for Studio Calico "Be.Loved.", a tiny black open dot by Studio Calico, a textured blue from "Autumn Crisp" by American Crafts, photo-realistic cut-aparts by Adrienne Looman for Webster's Pages "Our Travels", sheets of vellum in purple, light and dark pink and blue and a photo realistic paper from Maggie Homes "Styleboard".

Now on to the embellishments. I went bright and bold with these:
I added a Project Life mini-kit called "Trinkets", some watercolor clouds from Pretty Little Studio, puffy stickers from Evalicious, Studio Calico and Freckled Fawn, and some washi sheets and acrylic shapes from Freckled Fawn.

I don't usually add alphas to my kits because I don't want to be locked in to a specific color and/or style but I did add bold black alpha stickers to my kit. I also included a few stamps, some washi tape and paper straws. Yes, paper straws. My local Michael's store had them on clearance and I picked them up recently. I have a little idea for using these based on something I saw on either Instagram or Pinterest. 
I was a little stumped when I first saw the inspiration kit but once I got started pulling papers and embellishments, it all came together much faster than I thought it would.

I really like the look of everything and am excited about using the bright and happy colors this month. Around here our leaves should be starting to turn as we head into the autumn season so it will be nice to use my Kaleidoscope kit to hold on to those last colorful bits of summer.

10 comments :

  1. Susan, this look fantastic! I love the color palette and the puffy stickers. The stamps are also a great choice. Can't wait to see your pages this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super kit! I love it- better than the original! Those embellies are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful kit such soft colors. Those little hears are so sweet.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! I love how all the colors came together and your process for writing down elements you want to incorporate. Thank you for posting and putting the link to your blog on the Victoria Marie FB page (Monique)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also came from your link on the VM FB page - you did a great job explaining your process :) Thank you

      Delete
  5. This is a rather amazing little kit. Well, actually, it's not that little, is it? I love the added embellishments - and am looking forward to seeing what you'll create with those straws!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superb, as always! I always love hearing the progression. I get too literal, but it's refreshing to be inspired by you! This color palette is a fave of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic and colorful collection! I have no doubt you will create some amazing layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your large kit but then again I am a large kit kind of girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's interesting how so many of us had initial problems but ended up with kits we love that are definitely inspired by the original but oh so different!

    A lovely kit and some really gorgeous colours. I prefer yours to the original!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs