Remnants and Wrap-Up

I am done with my Kaleidoscope kit and here's what I have left...
I definitely got my money's worth out of this kit! Now, it's time to decide what to do with the remnants.

There was very little paper left - in fact, I didn't have a whole sheet of anything. The vellum and the 4x6 cloud paper went into my scrap box, those small pieces got tossed and the cut-aparts got sorted by color and placed into my color boxes. A few kits ago, I set up color boxes to hold some of my kit leftovers and when I'm making a layout and looking for a specific color embellishment, I'll check the box to see if I have what I need.

The washi tape strips, vellum and transparency circles and the lone smiley face acrylic piece all ended up in the color boxes too.

I used some of each washi roll and stamp set and put those back with the rest of my washi tape and stamps. I also used a decent amount of the alpha stickers and the leftovers went back into my supplies.

The straws went into the kitchen and the PL kit (which I only used once) went back with the rest of my PL supplies. I used the whole pack of cloud die-cuts (hooray!).  I used all the heart puffy stickers from 7 Paper and I really like the stars left on the same sheet and the Evalicious puffy tabs so those will go back in with my little collection of puffy stickers. I'm not sure how I feel about that last set from Freckled Fawn though; they aren't all really my style, so I'll probably just keep the ones I really like and toss the rest.

Now it's time to move on to the next project. What do you do with your kit leftovers? I'm always looking for organizational ideas, so please share your tips in the comments.

2 comments :

  1. I appreciate hearing this as I always just return everything to my stash. I haven't been very prolific with my kits lately so there is barely a dent. October LOAD should help me with October's kit, though :) I love your color box idea - I have been toying with that for awhile now... Sorry I wasn't any help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leslie - I think my system was born out of laziness. I just didn't want to put everything back! Also, I've found that sometimes I have something at the end of the kit that I know I just won't use no matter what. I started setting those aside to donate and just need to find someone to take them off my hands. Let me know if you try the color boxes.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs