The Last Kaleidoscope Kit Layouts

Spoiler alert: these last three layouts from my kit just might be my favorites!

First up is a 12x12 page about the last first day of school in our family. (Technically, it really isn't the last because 1. the photo was actually taken the night before the last first day, and 2. my other daughter is a teacher so she will definitely have many more first days of school. But for the sake of this layout, let's just pretend, ok?)
I love that confetti paper in shades of pink and orange and was happy that it coordinately nicely with the photo. There were some matching pieces on the cut-apart sheets and washi tape strips, and I had a few leftover scraps that were a nice fit too. I used a little strip/stacking method that is one of my old reliable designs. All that was left was to add the title, the journaling and a little puffy sticker at the top.

The next layout is an 8-1/2x11 page and it features what was definitely my favorite meal of this summer. If you are ever in Newport, RI in the late summer and eat lunch at 22 Bowens and they happen to have a special featuring heirloom tomatoes, I highly recommend you order it.
Oh, yum - I can almost still taste it!
The final page is one I kind of backed into - I knew what I wanted as an embellishment but it took a little thought to come up with a topic and photo to go along with it. I still had three very cute die-cut clouds from Pretty Little Studio out on my scrap table and I wanted to combine them with the puffy heart stickers from 7 Paper. I was envisioning the hearts falling from the clouds like little raindrops and that's the look I got on this page:
I layered the last of the blue vellum under and around the photo. The title is a line from the song "You Are My Sunshine", which I used to sing to the girls when they were babies. I'm just delighted with this one!
I'm not sure what it was about this kit. I wasn't too enthused about the Studio Calico inspiration kit at first, and while I did like what I put together for the month, I didn't especially love it, at least initially. I had photos that went nicely with the colors and designs, and the embellishments seemed to be especially fun to use. It was almost like the perfect storm of kit-making this time: everything seemed to combine to give me a lot of inspiration. This was definitely a fun and productive month!

I have very little left of the kit and my next post will give you the details about what I do when I'm ready to retire my kit and move on to what's next.

3 comments :

  1. Oh, that last one is my FAVORITE! What a sweet idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab layouts … I love the hearts raining from the clouds, what a great idea that is. As a foodie, though, my eye was immediately drawn to the middle layout. Best meal of summer? Sign me up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute layouts! I LOVE that polka-dot paper!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs