CKC October Kit - Layout for Challenge #1

The layout I'm sharing today is in response to the first October Challenge on the CKC blog: Your Next Move - Do a project sharing what your next move in life is. What is a goal? What is a dream? What would you like to do if you could?

With a daughter who graduated from college last year and another who will graduate next spring, I've been thinking about what the next stage of our life will be like. My layout records three things I hope the future holds for us. 
The Heidi Swapp script veneer word serves as my title and it sits in a rub-on circle that also introduces the topic of my layout. I roughly drew three rectangles on a piece of blue patterned paper, outlining the rectangles twice to mimic the lines in the large circle. I mounted the blue paper onto a gold floral sheet to add a little color and then used some old alpha stamps to add the one word titles to each rectangle. I also stamped a little box next to each word and drew in the check marks with a black pen. Then I added my journaling, along with word stickers and tabs as embellishments. 
I dug out a messy circle stamp and stamped it randomly around the blue patterned paper that serves as the background for the page. I adhered the journaling piece and then placed a few word strip stickers and stamped hearts in some of the background circles to pull the page together.
I didn't use a photo for this layout. I had a lot of words to fit on the page and wanted to make sure I had enough room for them. I thought the addition of a photo would make the page too crowded. I don't think that every page has to have a photo - sometimes you can tell the story with just your words.

I hope you'll participate in this challenge - and don't forget to link up to your creation on the CKC blog here!

6 comments :

  1. Fantastic! I love how artfully your page was created with such marvelous and meaningful parts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree this is a fantastic layout :) I love the scattering of circles too about the layout :) What a fun way to do your goals :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been there, done that. What a perfect time for this prompt! I didn't use a photo, either, for much the same reasons. Especially like how much the stamping added to your page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, Love that messy circle stamp so very much! And wait, what?!? Didn't you JUST HAVE your oldest leave for Uni...my oh my, time does fly!! No idea how she's finished up already. (!!) Wonderful. Thrilled to see you "put to paper" some possible future endeavours (spelled Canadian style -- of course ;) ) Sounds lovely! (Esp the travel part!) Heidi in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layout! I love stamps - so it's always fabulous to see foljs making the most of them in their projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great take on the challenge and such a super layout. Some great goals there for the future.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs