Felicity Jane October Kit

Oh, Felicity Jane - I just love your scrapbook kits! The October "That One Day" Collection is just beautiful. In fact, I thought it was so beautiful that I was reluctant to use it at first. I was hesitant to cut up any of the lovely patterned papers. Has this ever happened to you? Have you liked a paper or embellishment so much that you were intimidated to use it?

I eventually decided to just take a deep breath and dive in. And once I got started, I felt so inspired that I completed four layouts in an afternoon. I'd like to share two of those layouts today. Unless otherwise noted, everything on these layouts came from the kit.
I used the polka dot stencil in the kit along with some modeling paste to add a little design and texture to the kraft cardstock that serves as my background. I layered some paper strips and branding strips to hold my photo (which I actually "borrowed" from my daughter's instagram account).

I trimmed a rectangular-ish shape around the flowers on the cut-apart sheet and sewed it onto the kraft tag. (I'm calling it rectangular-ish because I cut the top of the shape on the diagonal - and yes, I'm making up words now.) It made a nice pocket for my journaling.
 
As a finishing touch, I added a few gold sequins and stamped some small stars (using a gold ink pad from my supplies) to coordinate with the chunky gold Thickers "Magic" in my title.
For the second layout, I matted my photo on one of the 4x6" cut-aparts and used one of the 3x4" cut-aparts as my title. A piece of white rickrack anchors the bottom of those elements.
I wrote my journaling on the white envelope included with the kit and slipped it behind my photo. I added one of the circle embellishments from the cut-apart sheet as a little tab to help pull out that envelope.
I added a branding strip of cute little hearts along the bottom of the page. The branding strips are one of my favorite features of the Felicity Jane kits - they are so easy to use and add such a sweet touch to a page. The remaining embellishments all came from the cut-apart sheet and I tucked and layered them in several places around the page.
 
 I'll be back tomorrow with the other two layouts from my inspired afternoon!

4 comments :

  1. It really was another pretty kit this month. Such clever uses for the pieces of the kit! Love that you used paste & a stencil again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tags on both of these, especially the first. Really fine pages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have clearly missed the beginning of your Felicity Jane kit posts as this is obviously not your first kit with them. But all the same, love what you've done with it and how you have really made the most of the kit and made such beautiful pages. Such a great style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and I "steal" my sister's IG photos all the time! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs