More Felicity Jane October Kit Layouts

I can't seem to stop working with this kit! I tried to find ways to stretch the patterned paper so that I could use it on as many layouts as possible - I trimmed a few of the pieces to 8-1/2X11 so that I could use the large piece as a background and the remnants for strips or punched shapes. I also saved almost all my scraps, hoping that I'd be able to use the bits and pieces here and there on some pages, too.

I put a couple of the paper strips to work on this first layout:
I tucked some tabs under the journaling card and paired another tab with a gold-rimmed circle tag and a flair at the top right of the page. 
I was left with a little space on the card after I wrote my words so I stitched on a kraft feather to fill the empty spot.
To be honest, I'm not completely happy with those gold chunky glitter Thickers as the title but I was trying to use just the kit supplies for my pages and they were my only option. They're very pretty but they wouldn't have been my first choice on this page.

For this next layout, I used a circle punch on some of my paper scraps and smaller journaling cards:
 The little paper strips at the top and bottom of the page are leftover pieces as well. 
My sewing machine has been out on the table lately so I used it to sew some zigzag stitches to hold down the circles.
I heat-embossed the wood veneer script word to bring a little sparkle to the page. I'd never tried that technique on veneer before but I'm really happy with the end result.

I'm really getting down to the end of my kit. I have a few of the cut-apart cards, a couple small paper scraps and one 8-1/2x11 piece of paper left. I haven't done much with the kit's stamp set either, so I'll have to see if I can come up with a way to use it with the leftover pieces. 

If you subscribe to a kit, what do you do when you've used most of it but would like to make the most out of the little pieces left?

3 comments :

  1. I'm working backwards through your posts so I'm loving these layouts made with the kit and can't wait to see the other layouts and the original kit - I've heard a lot about them in recent weeks! Both these layouts are superb. You are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love the gold-embossed veneer word title! I also really like the crustiness of the gold glitter alphas, even though you aren't completely comfortable with them. I haven't even cracked my kit yet. I think I need to create a project to use a lot of my FJ stash up & get "current" since you are once again inspiring me! Then I will have to schedule a monthly Play Date with my b/w striped box of scrappy goodness :-) Oh! I am also loving all the stitching on your work lately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Lisa, I'm catching up - and there's so much to look at on your blog. You're producing such lovely, lovely layouts x

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs