October Sky Layouts, Round 1

I've got a trio of layouts to share today and I made them all with my November CKC kit "October Sky".

A photo of autumn leaves was just what I needed on this page about change:
I layered some journaling pages from an old Making Memories pad under the photo, and sprinkled some Heidi Swapp gold color shine at the top right and bottom left. The gold letter titles are leftovers from a Felicity Jane kit. 

I put one of the 12x12 Lily Bee rub-on sheets to work on this next layout, using some of the phrases as a border around the page and two of the images as embellishments:
I like the vintage vibe those illustrations give the page about our traditional Thanksgiving foods. A row of chipboard buttons at the bottom completes the page.

I made a border of punched leaves, twine and stars for my final layout. I punched leaves from some of the patterned papers in my kit and then "drew" a vine of adhesive on the page edges using liquid adhesive in a bottle with a fine-tip applicator:
I positioned the twine over the adhesive and then added the leaves. I put them on pop dots to lift them over the twine and filled in some of the empty space with stars that I misted with Heidi Swapp bronzer color shine:
The completed layout looks like this:
The quote to the right of the photo is a download from Ali Edwards' blog. She's been sharing a hand-drawn quote every Sunday this year. You can find the one I used here.

What have you been up to lately?

7 comments :

  1. What spectacular layouts! Especially loving that row of buttons on the second and the use of twine on the third. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What spectacular layouts! Especially loving that row of buttons on the second and the use of twine on the third. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layouts! Creative and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. #1: I really enjoyed the way you described the back-and-forth of the changes your family has been/is going through! Your colors really pop against that dark paper.
    #2: Clapping my hands with delight at the vintage vibe (you knew I would like that ;) which you have made remarkably fresh on the white background with the typewriter font rub-on border.
    #3: Adore that twirling, star-studded leaf garland! Thanks for the link to Ali's quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great pages, that middle one especially caught my eye. Kudos on using up those Lily Bee chipboard pieces. I came across some of those I might use just as you have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, blow me down with a feather this is gorgeous! You know how much I love leaves and banners so combine both and I'm in heaven! What a simply lovely page. Can you make some layouts for me!?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are just on such a roll! Your work is stunning! I can tell you are so inspired.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs