October Sky Layouts, Round 2

Today I have two layouts to share that I made with my October Sky kit
For this layout, I mixed the chipboard flowers and buttons with hearts and flowers to make a border on the left side of the page. I purchased those hearts and flowers several years ago from an Etsy shop that is no longer in business, but I think they would be pretty easy to make with music-themed patterned paper, kraft cardstock and buttons.
The title is a combination of a Heidi Swapp script wood veneer word and thickers. I matted my photo on a page from one of the journaling pads I included in my kit. To finish the layout, I added a small cluster to repeat the embellishments from the left side and slid three decorative paper clips on my photo.
I made a vertical border of embellishments on the left of my next page as well, using the triangle pennants from one of the Lily Bee sticker sheets I put in my kit.
Another one of the stickers, lifted on pop dots, serves as my title. After I placed my photos and wrote the journaling, the page looked a little blah and flat to me so I included some of the enamel dots from my kit. I placed three large ones to the right of the top photo and randomly added a variety of sizes to the left border.
Did you make a counterfeit kit this month? Don't forget to link it up on the CKC blog here so we can see what you've made!

3 comments :

  1. LOVE the addition of those dots on #2 - I never think of things like that. You have a real knack for design solutions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! 2 fabulous layouts,you've rocked those borders and inspired me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are on fire this month Susan! I adore both these layouts and really like the border up the left on both. The pages are so similar but so different and the scattered enamels on the second are perfect. I really really love what you are creating right now!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs