October Sky Layouts, Round 3

We had several days of cold and rainy weather earlier this month  - perfect conditions to stay inside and spend some time with my October Sky kit. Here are two layouts I made while the rain fell.

I had a second sheet of Lily Bee pennant stickers in my kit (you can see how I used the first sheet in my Round 2 post) and I combined them with twine to make a garland across this page about the autumn decorations we've had in our front yard over the years:
I added a strip of pumpkin-colored paper to help the photos and pennants stand out a little more from the grey background paper. I stamped a few words at the top and bottom, and scattered some wood sequins around the page too.
The weathered wood paper, the twine and the wood sequins give a rustic, old-fashioned air to the page that I like.
 For the second page I relied on one of my favorite designs, the grid. 
This grid is a little playful - I outlined each of the squares and adhered them just slightly off-kilter. I also let the embellishments and journaling strips extend beyond the borders of the squares. 
I played with all of the different types of embellishments I had in my kit - I added little tabs, canvas ticket shapes that I misted with metallic and grey Heidi Swapp color shine, enamel dots, rub-ons, an arrow clip, a frame, wood veneer coffee cups and a script word. 

I think I enjoy grids so much because each component is like a separate canvas just waiting to be decorated. How about you - do you have a favorite design or a go-to technique?

4 comments :

  1. Fantastic! I love both efforts. Your wood sequins in the first look adorable and your details in the second are sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always adore what you do with grids :D
    And you got more stamping in on the first page - kudos!
    I have a lot of trouble using up my bits & bobs. Page 2 gives me great inspiration on how to do that successfully. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific pages! The woodgrain paper on the first one is fantastic with your photos.The surrounding orange makes the photos stand out -- and they are so cute. Love the doodles on the second. It is such a loss when neighborhood connections get broken. I really like how you made a page to tell the story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pinned! Love the grid. It works so well and I especially like that your word strips go over the two blocks. I love everything about this layout :-) And of course, I really like the first one too with that vintagey feel to it with the clever use of colours and bunting- Cute photos too!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs