One More October Sky Layout

Each month, there are three challenges issued on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog to help members use up the supplies in their kit. This month I decided to take on the third challenge: One Thing - use paper, photos and only one other thing on your project. Here is the layout I made:
 My "one thing" is the background I made with a stencil, modeling paste and paint. 
I first tried to tint the paste with mist but the color was too pale. The paint worked out much better - the modeling paste has a nice, shimmery golden glow. The paint is also much thicker than the mist so it doesn't thin the consistency of the paste either.

I then smeared the tinted paste over a stencil, carefully picking it up and moving it around to a few places on my white cardstock.
After the page dried, I trimmed a bit off the edges and matted it on a piece of patterned paper. I roughed up the edges of the white cardstock, folding and tearing randomly to give the paper a worn look. I added my photo and title and then wrote my journaling in the lower right section of the page in a spot I'd intentionally left when I was applying the stencil background.
Limiting embellishments to just one thing doesn't have to mean a plain and boring page. I have a lot of texture on my layout. The modeling paste and stencil gives the page a raised pattern. The cardstock edges are rough and have folds and tears. All this texture adds interest to the page.

Have you tried this challenge yet? What would be your "one thing"? 

7 comments :

  1. Your layout is awesome! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Looks wonderful. The colour you've chosen shines through that photo. Amazing, can you tell I like it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this! Your choice for the background piece that makes the border, the disorderly swoony GOLD paste on the distressed paper & your beautiful photo conspicuously absent of the usual vibrant hot tones yet completely recognizable as Autumn... perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That texture and color is so cool. Really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did such a great job of this and took the challenge right to the sweet spot but it intimidates me to be honest! I'm not sure what I would have done if this had been assigned to me! I suppose die cuts would be the extra these days but please don't make me! Your page is gorgeous and the texture paste looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How perfectly you executed this. Such rich and luxe! Your tattered edges work so well here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my. You excelled at this challenge. It's stunning. Such a 'simple' addtion that adds so much colour and texture. *swoon*

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs