Personalizing Pocket Cards - Felicity Jane October Kit

In my last post, I mentioned that I wanted to use the stamps that came in the October Felicity Jane kit. I'd already used most of the patterned papers so I decided to work with the pocket cards that came on the cut-apart sheet. I still had a few paper scraps and embellishments left, and I pulled out the box in which I store all my leftovers from other Felicity Jane kits to see if I could use them as well.

I snipped and stitched and stamped, adding strips of paper and stickers here, some wood veneer and flair there, just playing until I was happy with the cards.
After I positioned the cards on a piece of white cardstock to take a photo, I started thinking that their arrangement was a nice basis for a layout. And so, with a little journaling, some Thickers and an outlined border, I ended up with this:
 Here are some close-up photos showing the details on the cards:
For the left card, I came upon that somewhat fussy-cut floral piece and heart veneer in my box of leftovers from earlier kits. That floral paper was one of my favorites so it was nice to use up more of it. The stamped sentiment is from the October kit. I love the look of stitching on paper and so I added some zigzag stitches to hold the little banner in place on the right card. I included more stitching on the bottom too.
This card came from the October kit, but the stamp and the floral sticker and black and white stripe paper are from previous kits. That's another thing I love about Felicity Jane kits - they all complement each other very well so you can mix and match pieces from several kits.
I punched some stars from my paper scraps and combined them with stamps, paper strips and some of the shapes (the tab and the pennants) from the exclusive printables that are emailed to subscribers every month. 
Personalizing these pocket cards was a lot of fun. I think this would be a great thing to do when you feel like you're in a creative slump. The cards are small so you don't have the pressure of working on an entire layout. You can treat each one as a little canvas and because of their size, you can move on to the next one before you get bored or overwhelmed.

I've now retired this month's kit. I've only been subscribing to these kits since July but this one was definitely my favorite.

4 comments :

  1. A-mazing! I hope that you are linking to the FJ blog with your posts. Can I be you in Scrappyland when I grow up?!? <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a simply stunning layout - and I shall be stealing it for a scraplift very soon! It's divine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute cards :) I love how you used them in the layout too. If your into sketches you may want to check out the new PL challenge blog and play along:
    http://sketchesinthymepl.blogspot.com/
    The will be focusing on a new sketch each week :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs