Two More Felicity Jane October Layouts

I'm back with two more layouts from my October Felicity Jane kit - "That One Day". Just like yesterday's post, everything on these two pages is from the kit unless otherwise noted.

First up is an 8-1/2x11 page featuring a black and white photo.
I trimmed just a bit off the edges of the colorful diagonal stripe and mounted the paper on grey cardstock. You know that I love those branding strips and this page has one of them in a vertical line down the left of the page. I used a 3x4" cut-apart card for a few lines of journaling and then added a very thin strip of blue and white patterned paper under that card and my photo. For my title, I stamped "routine" on a gold-rimmed tag, added a bow with a length of white crochet thread from my supplies, and tucked the tag under the script veneer "daily". The result - a clean and simple layout to balance that bold paper.
So what do you do when you pretty much love every single paper and little embellishment in a kit?? Well, you put as many of them as you can on a page and that's what I did here:
A grid was the perfect design to help me include a variety of papers and embellishments.
I sewed the squares of paper in place, and then went to town embellishing! I added kraft and vellum feathers, rick rack, a gold-rimmed circle tag, paper clip with ribbon bow, gold and bronze sequins, a flair, and all sorts of labels, tags and banners from the cut-apart sheet. Then I sewed those in place as well, and roughed up some of the edges of the squares.
I placed my photo in the center of the grid and added the title to the space on the left. The white cardstock and the tiny black and white letters are from my supplies.
As you can probably tell, I was very inspired by this kit! I still have plenty of pieces left and may make a few more layouts with it before the November kit shows up on my doorstep.

3 comments :

  1. Wow! That first layout is such a great way to showcase a gorgeous bright diagonal and the large veneer word is fab. Of course I love the grid pattern and all that wonderful stitching and embellishing. Fabulous and the kit seems gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Squealing with delight - you are a blogging advertisement for these delightful kits! That last little detail on page 1 of that tiny strip of pp under your photo mat was genius. How FAB do those gold letters look for the title of page 2? Awesome... you are really the master of putting all the pieces together in perfect harmony.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am absolutely loving everything you've been creating! Saving some of them on Pinterest for some scrappy inspiration x

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs