CKC November Kit - Layout for Challenge #1

Each month the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog issues three challenges to help you use up your counterfeit kit for the month.  Here is my layout for the first challenge for November: I hate it! Do a project sharing something that you just don't like.
I put a little twist on the "currently" layout trend I've been seeing lately. These layouts usually give a quick snapshot of life by providing the answers to a list of "-ing" activities (reading, eating, watching, enjoying, loving, etc.) I already had a "currently" pocket card in my kit and I just added a handwritten "not" in front of the three categories listed. I unleashed my inner cranky curmudgeon to complain about what I'm not loving, not watching and not eating.
The design and colors of the layout are upbeat and happy, in complete opposition to my topic. I matted a piece of trimmed white cardstock onto a teal polka dot background paper. I added a hand-drawn border around the edge of the page, along with a couple strips of washi tape at the top and bottom.
I used some of the stamps in my kit: a "life sometimes gets messy" phrase at the bottom, a date stamp at the top and a clip on the top of my pocket card. I trimmed a pocket card to put behind part of my title and tucked two more pocket cards behind the "currently" card.
So are you ready to take on this challenge and make a project featuring something you just don't like? Go ahead - get it all out! And don't forget to add your project to the CKC  monthly link-up!

7 comments :

  1. Your layout is interesting,it is different & I like it. Must do this challenge ,soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very neat take on the challenge! Love your page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very neat take on the challenge! Love your page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute layout, nice touch with the clip and the not inserted on the line.
    Cindy F.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the idea of twisting the currently trend - so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, Susan... I just love how you've twisted the breezy "currently" trend into something dark & crabby, lol! Very clever : ) Continuing to enjoy your brilliant use of the stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you'Ve taken a negative challenge and turned it into something fun, bright, cheery, perfectly designed and anything but Grinch like! Great layout and I really love the page - thinking I should do this for myself!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs