CKC Thanks and Gratitude Blog Hop

Hello and welcome to my little stop on the CKC Thanks and Gratitude Blog Hop. We are all using some lovely printables created by the very talented Allison Kimball. You can find the printables here and here

I used the set of small book covers from 7 Gypsies that I included in my November kit to make a  mini-book to record the things (big and small) for which I am especially grateful this month.
The book covers are 3-1/2" by 5-1/2" so I began by reducing Allison's gratitude lists to roughly 3" by 5" - I wanted to adhere them to patterned paper leaving a border around them. After I printed and cut them, I selected the two black & white patterned papers from my kit. I cut those each in half horizontally and then scored and folded them in accordion fashion so that each page would be just slightly less than the size of the covers.
I attached the first and last page to the album covers and then the rest of the pages to each other, right sides facing out.
I placed a gratitude card on each page and added either washi or one of the leftover triangle acetate pieces from my kit for a little color on each page. The cover had an oval cut-out that I filled with a stamped piece that I made when I was working on my forgeries  and a word phrase from my supplies.


I kept the book out in plain sight over the last couple of weeks and jotted down my notes as I thought of them.

This was a nice way to add a little more meaning to this season of gratitude and I'm hoping to make this mini-book an annual tradition!

Now, please head over to Susanne's blog to see her lovely project. Here's the complete list of the participants in the blog hop in case you missed something along the way:

Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog   http://www.counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com
 

10 comments :

  1. What a lovely project - you'll cherish that for a long time to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This mini is lovely! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, so creative!
    Love your little pops of color.
    The leaf paper looks amazing & is such a perfect nod to the season.
    This is a great tradition that you have started for yourself.
    Having the book ready & at hand to jot things down makes for a great overview of your blessings this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic looking project :) Such a cute idea too :) I love the look of it and to keep handy was a good idea too

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful mini album!!! I adore mini albums and you have made the designs look so wonderful! Thank you for your compliments. It was too kind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, this is such a gorgeous little project - and the gratitude downloads work perfectly with your kit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beyond adorable. You rocked the challenge. The merge of vintage and pop modern comes together in balanced harmony. Just enough colour to pique interest. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can only echo what the others have said here. A truly perfect little mini and a wonderful use of these fabulous printables. The touches of colour on each page really add some fun and how clever to leave it out so that you could give yourself time to fill it in as you considered your thankfulness! A really lovely new tradition. Thanks for joining in on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a perfect way to use the printables--I'm definitely trying this minibook idea!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs