Crayons & Circles & Journaling Strips: The End of My November Kit

After all my struggles with the pie chart layout I posted last time, I thought I was pretty much over my "Gather Together" kit. I'd already gotten 8 layouts out of it and was pretty happy with that total. But as I started sifting through what I had left, I discovered that I wasn't quite done with the kit after all.

When I'd been selecting my paper for the kit, I really wanted to combine these two particular pieces from Amy Tangerine's Finders Keepers collection on a layout:
Treasure
Expedition


I loved how they looked together but I hadn't done anything with them yet. Although I didn't have a complete piece of either one, I was able to put together this quick layout:


I used another leftover sheet of patterned paper on this page:
I wrote my journaling on a white tag and slipped it under my photo:
I cut out some of the circles from the paper under the photo and placed them on pop dots on a few places around the layout:

I still had quite  a number of pocket cards left so I got out a circle punch and went to work. I then traced messy outlines on each one and arranged them in rows on the bottom of a sheet of white cardstock:
One of the cards had a pretty pink watercolor heart that I cut out and stamped with a sentiment to use for the title of my page. 

Since the title was "Everyday Moments", I brainstormed a list of things that are happening in my life right now, typed and printed them from my computer, cut them into strips and arranged them all around the heart. I topped off the page with a branding strip and another stamp:
I'm really happy with this page - I think it's my favorite one from this kit.

So now I felt that I was truly done with November's kit and was ready to put the leftovers away. Here's what remained:
Not too bad at all - I think I got good use out of my supplies this time. 

And remember all these stamps that I included -
I'm happy to say that I used at least one stamp from every set this month and in many cases I used many more than one. If you have a neglected supply, I definitely recommend including it in your kit. If it's readily available, you'll get much more use out of it.

I have one more item from my November kit to share with you on the 20th - please stop in then to see a special seasonal project!
 

6 comments :

  1. ***STANDING OVATION***
    Take a bow, dear Susan!
    If I could only have a few blogs for inspiration, one would definitely be yours.
    I haven't been over to Flickr in awhile, but I hope that you are still posting your layouts there so I can fave them!
    The pairing of the 2 papers was simply lovely (you know that I love boldly patterned papers and you are teaching me ways to enjoy them without being overwhelmed.) Such sweet photos to go with that page.
    Your stunning dandelion photo went so well with the circular patterned paper. I would love to read your journaling, although I feel as if I might guess what it is.
    And your Everyday Moments page? Had to laugh that you were inspired by one of your kit papers to forge a new paper! The entire design of your page is wonderful - especially the addition of the cheeky little stamps on the top border. Such a small touch that gives a real polish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Leslie - that's one of the nicest things anyone has ever said about my scrapbooking! I haven't loaded my pages to flickr yet but that is definitely on my "to do" list.

      Delete
  2. I'm adding a *rapturous applause* in support of your amazing work. These are all fantastic layouts. You are clearly a champion of using every last, little bit of swoonsome patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet Clair - thank you!

      Delete
  3. I really like your style. I love how you added the circles cut from under the picture. Great use of every bit of paper.


    http://buildinglifelongreaders.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs