Forgeries on the Fourth

The Master Forgers each picked an item to create an add-on kit for the November Counterfeit Kit Challenge. I chose these embellishments by Prima:
Prima Forever & Ever Crochet Icons

I decided to make my own version of them to add to my November "Gather Together" kit. First, I gathered my supplies:
 I started by stamping a few images and words on white cardstock:
I then trimmed down the paper and punched circles, centering the stamped images. (I could have done these steps in the opposite order, punching the circles first and then stamping in the centers but I was more confident in my ability to center the punch over the image than to center the stamps inside the circles.) I also did a little stamping on some of the 3x4" pocket cards and punched those out as well.
I then punched some additional circles from the white cardstock and adhered one to each of the stamped circles to give them a little more bulk before I sewed around the edges.

I don't know how to crochet but I've done some cross-stitch and a little embroidery. I thought I could use a blanket stitch around the edges of the circles. I used this tutorial to refresh my memory. 
I used washi tape to hold the end in place after I finished stitching.
I made three different sets - an autumn set:
a food set:
 and a word set:
It took me about 5-6 minutes to stitch each one. I worked on them while I caught up on some episodes of my favorite shows. I'm really pleased with how they look - there's definitely something satisfying about creating your own embellishments! I hope you'll give them a try!

7 comments :

  1. I'm so inspired!! These are fabulous! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous. I have no idea how to crochet and thought I wouldn't be able to do any of these, but now I can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, yes, yes! You could sell these babies on etsy! So inspired! Thanks for contributing to FOTF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are just fabulous. And thanks for the link to the tutorial, I want to learn to blanket stitch too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just about one of the cutest things I've seen! I love them. I want to make them. I need some in my stash! I'm not sure I 'm neat and tidy enough to make them to be honest but I might give the a go!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs