More "Gather Together" Layouts


Hello! I'm back with three more layouts from my November "Gather Together" kit.

Up first is a layout using one of my favorite stitching techniques - reverse matting. I learned this technique in a youtube video by Tracy Banks. She's known on youtube as "Mercytiara" and you can find the video in which she demonstrates this technique here. I really liked the scripted patterned paper from Scraptastic, and I covered up just enough of the paper to keep it from overwhelming the photo:
I layered several pocket cards under the photo to add a little color to that side of the page and wrote my journaling on another pocket card.
I mentioned that I am determined to use the stamp sets I included in my kit and I made good progress on that goal with these next two layouts. This first page was inspired by a prompt in the October Scrap Happy members' only LOAD to scrap about a woman who is a strong influence in my life. I arranged some of the Basic Grey frames on the left side of my page and then stamped some icons and phrases in some of the empty spaces.



On this last layout, I used a frame stamp to make a background for my photo, and again added more stamps in the empty spaces.

The title is also a stamp. I like the brush script that I've been seeing everywhere lately but I don't have the talent to do it myself. I discovered a stamp set from Honey Bee Stamps that will let me give my layouts that brush script touch.
 A couple strips of washi tape and a few flair finish off the page.
Are you playing along with the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog this month? Don't forget to add your projects to the monthly link up so we can all see what you've been working on!

3 comments :

  1. All are beautiful layouts, but my fave is the stamped frame background.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layouts! I am definitely scraplfiting the stamping inside the frames!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HAD to go & look at the "reverse matting" video - I always feel so wasteful adding that backing piece of patterned paper just to get that little reveal at the edge. Now I don't have to be so extravagant! The stitching adds a great textural element & provides that little ledge all around to tuck things under. Your mom looks like such a sweetie - what a nice tribute page, and there are those frames again! Once again you've added that little touch of washi that looks so fresh & bright - must remember to do that!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs