November CKC Kit - Gather Together

Happy November and welcome to my stop on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog hop! You should have arrived here from Margie's blog.

This month we are taking our cue from this gorgeous line from Pink Paislee, "Cedar Lane":
Pink Paislee



This is my favorite new collection! I love the wonderful combination of vibrant colors and versatile neutrals - I was very happy to find out that it would be our November inspiration.

As a special twist this month, the Master Forgers are creating their own add-on kit as well. We are each picking an item to add to our kit - you'll have to check the stops on the hop to see what each of us is contributing to the add-on. We hope you'll be inspired by our ideas to make your own November add-on. Go to the CounterfeitKit Challenge blog tomorrow to see the complete list.

Here is my November CKC kit, "Gather Together":


This is the shopping list I wrote to guide me as I looked through my supplies:
I selected my papers first:

They're arranged in the order I chose them, starting in the top row on the left with the purple polka dot, an exclusive from Scraptastic Club called "Dot 2 Dot" by Kaitlin Sheaffer. I then added two papers from Amy Tangerine's "Finders Keepers" collection - "Expedition" and "Treasure".  That fun circle paper is "Sliced Yellow Peppers" from Jillibean Soup. Next came "Foliage Branches in Blue", an old paper from Autumn Leaves. It was my on-a-whim pick (every month I add a paper that I'm drawn to but which might not necessarily go with the rest of my kit).  Finishing out the top row are two black and white papers from the Stitched collection by Amy Tangerine.
 
The second row starts off with three papers from Dear Lizzy "Daydreamer", "Sleep Tight" from October Afternoon's Ducks in a Row collection, "Homemade Floral" from the Homemade Collection by Echo Park, another Scraptastic Club exclusive by Katilin Sheaffer called "Everyday Moments" and "Blossom" from the Documentary Collection by Dear Lizzy.

Then I gathered my embellishments:

I included folded paper frames from Basic Grey's "B-Side", along with some washi strips from their "RSVP" collection; assorted flair from an Etsy shop called "The Crafty Pickle"; transparency triangles from Pinkfresh Studio; and an assortment of pocket pages cards from MAMBI. I also added a pair of book covers from 7 Gypsies for a special project later this month.

I'm determined to get more use out of the large number of stamps I've collected so I included quite a few in my kit:


Did you spot my add-on item in the photo of the full kit? I chose to add these Forever & Ever Crochet Icons by Prima to the Master Forgers add-on kit:

Prima Crochet Icons
You can see my forged version of them in the top left of my full kit photo. Stop back here on the 4th for a tutorial on how I made them.

Thanks for taking a look at my kit this month. Are you ready to put together one of your own? Don't forget to add your kit to the monthly link-up here too! 

For more inspiration, head over to Stephanie's blog to see what she put together this month. Here's the complete list of blogs for this month's hop - you won't want to miss any stops:

14 comments :

  1. I love your kit - and those crocheted embellishments are superb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, great add-on item. And I am loving those papers together - I might have most of them and could copy you in that respect. And kudos on pulling out the stamps! You are going to have a very fun month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great collection assembled from your shopping list! The Cedar Lane vibe is evident in your version. Now...since it is your favorite, will you be tempted to also purchase the original? It is a beauty...so I won't tell if you do! Have a great month scrapping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful kit!! Love your forgery, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, love your kit, especially your stamps, and those crochet icons!!! Can't wait to see your tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking kit! I agree with Roxy on your collection of stamps. I know that I have a great wasted resource in stamps and hope to see you using them on layouts - that perhaps it will motivate me to do the same. The crocheted pieces are adorable. Love the green in your kit as it pulls the different lines together so nicely. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. An interesting range of papers and embellishments.I have oodles of stamps that I never use.My New Years resolution perhaps to use them.Love those crochet circles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really chose well and this is all you but so clearly inspired by Cedar Lane at the same time. Wonderful. You chose a gorgeous embellie for your add on and I can't wait to see how you made them. I'm crochet challenged so fingers crossed that I can "copy" you :-) As always, a lovely kit and the addition of the stamps is very clever! Cant wait to see your creations this month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous kit--I LOVE all of the papers you chose. Each one is so pretty on its own but they all coordinate so well. Can't wait to see your crochet tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, such a pretty kit, I love it! Jen Schow has just started a series on her Youtube channel about stamping in scrapbooking if you haven't already seen it - or maybe you have and that's why you're inspired to start using your stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Susan! Amazing! I love how different this has turned out from my own kit - it's one of my favourite things about CKC! Really love the *massive* selection of stamps that you included - one of my favourite 'tools' for scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful kit and the add on is fabulous :) I will be checking out the tutorial when it's posted :) I totally get you with the stamps :) I try to bring in new ones each month so I get them used atleast once :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not sure why, but every month with your kit reveal I am always surprised at what turns up from your stash! You really do have such a marvelous way of marrying the elements together with a more than casual nod to the inspiration & yet uniquely you. Bravo! And yes - I noticed your forgeries right away! Can't wait to hear more about them on the 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Kit. Love the crochet icons - those are really sweet. The photo frames are the hardest for me to use, so I'll be watching what you do.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs