December Daily - The Usual Suspects

Today I'm sharing some pages that either appear in my album year after year or are about things we do year after year.

For several years now, my older daughter and I spend part of the Friday after Thanksgiving putting some of my snowman collection on display in my kitchen. 

I took photos of both her and the snowmen this year and added them to my album. I wrote my story on the front and back of a little tag that I just hooked directly on to the top binder ring of my book.

I also covered the insides of my album covers. I didn't like the look of the raw chipboard so I covered it with a blue snowflake paper - you can see a bit of it peeking behind the right page.

My next set of pages cover a topic that shows up every year - our family Christmas card. 
The left page, which has nothing to do with the Christmas card, is the back of the embossed Tiffany catalog that I used here.  I wasn't really sure what to do with the back but the "December gratitude" stamp from Ali's set inspired me to jot down some of the things for which I'm especially thankful for this year.

The vellum page on the right side is something that I made myself by embossing some snowflakes with white embossing powder. One of the advantages of having my album prepped and ready to go before December is that it gives me a little time if I suddenly get the urge to be creative. I really like the softness it adds and that you can still see a little of the card showing through.

Here's the front of the card:
and here's the back:
The right page was one of my favorites I'd prepped ahead of time here and thought this would be a good place to use it. I made a little shaker pocket out of a portion of a leftover page protector, wrote a quick note about the card, cut the note into a pennant shape and attached everything to the pre-made page.

Thanks for stopping by - hope you're having a lovely December!

2 comments :

  1. The snowflake transparency is gorgeous! How did you manage to emboss it without melting it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luck I think! I just tried to keep the heat gun moving and used it on the front and the back.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs