Using Memorabilia and Ephemera in December Daily

I don't know if this happens to you but I've managed to accumulate a lot of "stuff" that I'd like to include in my December Daily album this year.

I've got packaging, postcards, stamps, catalogs and other little bits and pieces that are part of my holiday prep and I've been able to add them in to a few pages here and there. Here's how I did it...

I always choose the religious stamps for mailing our family Christmas cards and I have never mentioned this in my album until this year.
I added the cover of the stamp book along with my journaling and then stamped "the reason why" a few times on the page. Quick and easy - perfect for this busy time of year.
I used a glassine envelope from a gift card to hold a journaling tag:
I adhered a wood veneer snowflake ornament I picked up at Michael's - I embossed it to add a little sparkle to this page.

Every Thanksgiving weekend I attend a Christmas craft show and although I wasn't able to go this year, I still included the postcard advertisement in my album.
I added a cute circular piece of packaging from a Christmas candle to this page about a new ornament on our tree this year.
I just slipped the circle piece right over the binder ring. It still has a faint Christmas tree scent to it which is a fun bonus.
The woodgrain cardstock was left over from a practice session I had when I was learning to use a die-cut/embossing machine I purchased earlier this year.
 My daughter and I spent a fun December Sunday in New York City and as you can imagine I picked up lots of mementos of the day while we were there. 

I decorated a souvenir bag with embossed white cardstock, blue ribbon, silver washi tape and a tiny sticker. These were all part of my CKC December kit "Merry and Bright". I cut a partial circle out of the top of the bag and slipped a couple of collage photos and a pair of 3D glasses inside.
The left side of the spread tells the story of our trip.
I embossed a wood veneer frame (Michael's again) with a little silver tinsel and placed it over my favorite photo from our trip. These found a home on the back of the bag.
I'd added a little holiday word art to the photo. 
I still really wanted to use the cover from the Tiffany's catalog with its beautiful embossed snowflakes. I cut it down to fit my album, and covered the Tiffany name with a photo.
Behind the photo, I slipped a tag stapled with a little snippet of ribbon. The journaling on the tag is a reminder to myself to stop and savor the joy when I feel overwhelmed with all the hustle and bustle of this season.
Here's a look at the full two-page spread:
So that's what I've been working on lately. How has your December been treating you so far?

2 comments :

  1. wow Susan - this post is so inspiring! I, too, accumulate quite a bit of stuff during the holiday season that I'd love to incorporate into my album. You've provided some great ideas here, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie - I was desperate to use up some of the pile and I just couldn't throw out that Tiffany cover.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs